October 25, 2014

'Cake Boss' Gets a Third Season

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 1st 2010 3:33PM
Cake BossQuestion: how many shows about cake are there on TV right now? Three? Nine? Seventy? Cake seems to be all the rage right now and it doesn't look like it's going to slow down anytime soon. TLC has announced that they have renewed 'Cake Boss' for a third season.

I often watch Food Network's 'Ace of Cakes' but I'm not sure how many "cake-based" shows one person can take, even 'Cake Boss.' Another show, 'Ultimate Cake-Off,' airs tonight. On the other hand, like most people, I love cake, so in a way I hope the trend continues, only extended to sitcoms and dramas. I'd like to see 'How I Met Your Cake,' 'Cake Idol,' 'Cakes of Anarchy,' and 'Mad Cakes' on my TV in the future.

Cara

I love Cake Boss!!!! It is the best show ever!!!! All u people who say it is a bad show then y do u waste ur time posting comments about it. Buddy makes extraordinary cakes and is sooooooooooo much better than Duff. So if you r looking 4 a good cake show don't waste ur time watching bad shows like Ace of Cakes, watch Cake Boss instead. So plz watch Cake Boss. Duff and his crew don't take there job seriously. So what if Buddy yells sometimes it is a family owned bakery and family fights sometimes. So if u r gonna say something bad about Cake Boss, Buddy, or Carlos Bakery go to a website against Cake Boss, Buddy, or Carlos Bakery or just keep ur mouth shut all together.
Cake Boss is AWESOME!!!!!!

April 02 2010 at 3:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
janie

I agree with all the comments with all the cake shows. A few things that bother me are most of the cakes made are mostly wood, cereal and nails. Where is all the cake? Cake Boss is good but their bakery down stairs looks so delicious. Ace of Cakes has loads of talent but you never see them baking and icing the cakes. They just decorate them. My favorite is Amazing Wedding Cakes! Yummy. The cakes are so all so different and you just want to take a huge mouthful of that butter cream frosting.....

February 24 2010 at 2:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Judy

Congratulations on renewal! These people are real-and if somewhat staged; viewers can feel the love among them. If you missed the trip they made to Disney World try to see it in repeats as it aptly shows Buddy's love for his "princess" daughter and familia....Looking forward to future episodes!

February 24 2010 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patty

I also enjoyed this show in the beginning, but it is getting way too scripted and Buddy is always yelling and throwing temper tantrums. That one sister of his is really annoying. She is a trouble maker, but I am sure that that is scripted also. The cakes are awesome, but you need to make it like it used to be or else people will stop watching.

February 15 2010 at 8:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Teresa

Cake Boss is 'over' staged...Buddy being the worse acting Bozo I've ever seen. Too much yelling and screaming. Their cakes and pastries are to die for.
Give me Duff any day!

February 15 2010 at 6:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rose M. LaJudice

My heritage is Italian and this show is insulting. It is so
staged and phony. The cakes look horrible, tacky.

February 08 2010 at 4:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce N.

Mrs A, I loved that pie in her face, too. Wish they'd do it every week!

February 02 2010 at 11:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mikes718

There is a plethora of cake shows on Television,both the food network, WETV,have a much better shows about cake decorating...without a bunch of obnoxious siblings
screaming and acting like fools in every episode,BTW what is up with all these shows about stereotypical italians behaving badly...how insulting

February 02 2010 at 9:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sue

This "reality show" is WAYYY too fake for me. I do like Ace of Cakes though.

February 02 2010 at 9:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kate

Trying to RIP off ACE of CAKES.
Show is just Plain Dumb- like how he sounds- He wishes he could do the Caliber WORK that Duff does.
Its Mostly Simplistic, lame.
He Just yells + Does mediocre work- CANCEL this.

February 02 2010 at 8:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply