July 31, 2014

Joe Jonas Could Be Young Tommy on 'Brothers and Sisters'

by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 3rd 2010 11:11AM
getty_jonas_abcThere's going to be an upcoming episode -- a two-parter -- on 'Brothers and Sisters' that will boldly go somewhere it hasn't gone before (at least not in any detail). And when they do, we may be seeing teen heart throb Joe Jonas on 'Brothers and Sisters' as Tommy Walker. That's the Balthazar Getty role.

ABC hasn't confirmed the Jonas casting, but it would make sense. Look at how much alike they are? But there's still a question about acting. Is Joe Jonas able to make us believe that he's a young Tommy Walker?

The idea of a couple of flashback episodes that show what the Walker family was like in their formative years is appealing. Like the way the new J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek' showed us the young Kirk and Spock and Scotty... but then J.J. rewrote the show's history.

That won't be a problem with 'Brothers and Sisters' because this is the original group of writers and producers. They're not interested in changing the show's history so that Kitty becomes a liberal and Nora is a successful romance novelist.

In addition to Joe Jonas possibly being cast, another big name may be netted as well. 'Psych's' Rachel Leigh Cook has read to play Sally Field's role, Nora. She's available because on 'Psych' she said goodbye to Shawn in the last episode and is headed out of Santa Barbara.

Also in the running for Nora are Courtney Ford and 'Grey's Anatomy's' Nora Zehetner. Newcomers or little known actors will fill out the rest of the Walker flashback family.

Cheryl

I'm guessing half the people who commented didn't read the article, and don't know anything about Joe Jonas. That picture of him is from when he was 16, he's 20 now and looks quite different. It's an excellent casting choice, Joe has already shown acting potential and it's true, he will bring in new viewers. I have never seen this show but I will watch these episodes.

February 04 2010 at 8:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patti

I feel bad for the author of this article. She clearly stated what was happening in the future of this show, yet out of the previous eight entries, only three understood what was said. Now, the rest of you, re-read the article, and then tell me Sally Field is leaving the show. Then I can call you an idiot and not feel bad.

February 04 2010 at 1:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gloria

if you take sally fields out of the show i wiil no longer watch it. she is a main part of the show

February 03 2010 at 11:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bekah

ok so i guess casting joe wouldnt be that bad....not great or who i would pick but no bad i guess......i wanna know who they will cast as the others?????? it could be cool to use some really awesome "younger" people as the walker kids!!!!!!!!!

February 03 2010 at 11:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
john g

why does everyone like this show----is it because every week they have a crisis- and it makes the rest of our lives seem normal-i'm just glad my family's not like them

February 03 2010 at 10:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cathy

and casting Joe would be a smart move - esp. since it's only for a handful of flashback episodes. he might bring some new fans to the show - and that's never a bad thing. I see enough similarities in them to make it work.

February 03 2010 at 10:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chris32373

Hello? They are talking about doing 1 (one) 2-part episode that is a flashback, not recasting the whole show forever.

February 03 2010 at 10:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cathy

They are not recasting, but talking about who will take over roles in the flash back episodes - did no one read the article except me?

February 03 2010 at 10:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jan

OMG I hope not. I love this show, but I may have to stop watching it if that's the case. I agree, they don't look anything alike. I guess since they(Jonas Brothers) can't sing he has to branch into acting!!!! Find another show, please.

February 03 2010 at 8:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zandra

I hope they don't cast him. I don't think they look alike at all. The eyebrows are way wrong, the nose, shape of the face. All wrong!! I'm sorry but that kid is not good looking at all. Sorry to all you Jonas fans. But I feel this is bad casting.

February 03 2010 at 8:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Zandra's comment
Dee

Why would you take Sally Fields out of this show. If and when you make all these changes it will really change this show and people will quit watching it. This part is great for Sally Fields. And Jona does not look like Tommy. Leave this great show alone.

Dee