November 27, 2014

ABC's 'Happy Town' Slotted for Wednesdays Starting April 28

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 4th 2010 3:02PM
ABC is shifting gears in their Wednesday, 10pm slot. They're going from a comedy about the fashion world to a serial killer thriller. 'Happy Town' is going to replace 'Ugly Betty' on April 28.

The question is, will 'Happy Town' be another 'Twin Peaks,' a spooky, moody drama set in a small town that got a cult following and remains popular today, or will it be 'Harper's Island,' which was a long mini-series that came and went and probably won't be remembered that much in 20 years. 'Happy Town' is also about a killer in a small town. It stars Sam Neill, Geoff Stults, Steven Weber, and Amy Acker.

Emerald

Hey, I loved Harper's Island! I have the DVD set, and will still be watching it in 20 years, assuming DVD players still exist. I'll give Happy Town a try in HI's honor.

April 03 2010 at 1:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kathycameron

I just loved Harper's Island and I hope this is scarey, too. I am 61 years old and enjoy a good fright to keep the heart going!!

March 29 2010 at 10:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chris murray

hey my name is chris and the part were the find the body it was filmed in penetang ont. me and my dad we were ice transportation it was cool to see how the make film

March 15 2010 at 9:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Abby

Dude, I'll always remember Harper's Island! It was one of the first TV Drama/Mystery series that I was actually excited each week to watch! I'll probably watch the pilot for it, but as other people above me mentioned, the trailer seems too forced.

March 08 2010 at 4:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
izikavazo

I don't think this show stands a chance, but good for ABC for trying.
Who else has a craving for some Philadelphia cream cheese?

February 04 2010 at 6:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jffm

It feels like it's trying a little to hard to be quirky.

"Happy Town" "Bready" "Magic Man" "cuter than a mouse's pocketbook"

It might work if they can hit the right note of tongue in cheek, but the teaser feels forced and a little labored.

I might watch the premiere, but based on the commercial, I'm no sure I'd make it even to the end of one episode.

February 04 2010 at 6:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GrumpyOldMan

I'll always remember Harper's Island!!!

February 04 2010 at 4:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply