November 28, 2014

Kirstie Alley Returns to Television to Lose Weight

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 5th 2010 2:09PM
Kirstie AlleyLosing weight has become a full-time job for Kirstie Alley. She was a spokesperson for Jenny Craig for a while and lost a ton of weight, so much that she even showed up on 'Oprah' in a bikini to show how much weight she had lost. She even had an overweight-themed show for a while, the one with the subtle title 'Fat Actress.' Of course, Alley gained the weight back (and more, if some pictures were to be believed), so it seems like this is going to be a life-long thing for her.

And us, because Alley has yet another reality show coming up that's going to focus on her weight and health. A&E's 'Kirstie Alley's Big Life' will follow the actress as she tries to lose weight. Of course, ther's more to it than that. The show will also chronicle her duties as a single mom to two teenagers (Alley is divorced from actor Parker Stevenson).

The show starts on March 21 at 10PM. So who's going to watch?

Dee

When you starts telling the truth about her real weight...I will worry about her.

February 07 2010 at 1:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aggie

Woe to the misinformed American male; locked into a pinup -girl dreamworld.Kirstie you go girl! I love your perseverance...and at any size you inspire so many of us! I'll be watching.

February 07 2010 at 12:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C. Brown

Shouldn't Kristie Alley appear on the "Biggest Loser"?

February 07 2010 at 12:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
katseye52

She cheated her way through the weight loss nonsense by getting lipo, etc. and is now getting a show? She was cute in the Star Trek movie "Wrath of Kahn" back in the early 80's but now????? What's the show? "How To Get The Biggest Butt Ever"?? YUK!

February 07 2010 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mozelle

I admire Kirstie for what she is doing, however, diets do not work. Lots of movement and less calorie intake will usually do the trick. I cook from a 1800's German/Jewish cookbook from eBay, lol, no additives, rice and lintels, eat all you want and gain nothing. Then I make about 3- 5 macrame hangers to get movement, ( walking, reaching) You can get kits from macramemadam.com...Weekends I sell my hangers at a local flea-market, (movement and lots of walking) I am 63 years old, 5'4" and at age (18) I weighed 128 Lbs...I now weigh 135Lbs. The trick is to keep moving and eat healthy low calorie food. Nothing fried! No cakes! Nothing Sweet! Anyway, if all else fails...Kirstie can always call on me, lol. I can show her how to lose it and keep it off without much effort at all without starving.

February 07 2010 at 12:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RSR

well, judging by all the issues the woman has with her weight, apparently scientology isn't doing it for it for her. perhaps she should come down from whatever astroid L. Ron Hubbard thinks she ascended to and live on planet earth where she can get help

February 07 2010 at 12:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
leni

I'm there! Its worth checking out, that's for sure. I like her. I have always found her entertaining, surely more so than that woman that was married to Danny Bonaduce. She was given a chance and failed miserably, we can certainly give this the opportunity to succeed. So what if Ms Alley battles her weight. I hate that people in our society are judged solely on appearance and bank balance.

February 07 2010 at 12:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WayTuTall

Who cares about her weight? I don't. She doesn't give a rats arse what all you idiots think either. She is still a beautiful woman. If you don't like what you see.......well?
SHUT THE &@*% UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 07 2010 at 12:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BUTTON

GIVE ME A BREAK......NO LIKEE.....NO WATCHEE....!!!

February 07 2010 at 11:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ann

I wish she would do something with her hair. She had such beautiful lustrius hair and now it looks like old corn stalks that have been left in the sun too long.

February 07 2010 at 11:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply