September 19, 2014

NBC Takes Down All of Conan's 'Tonight Show' Content

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 5th 2010 5:01PM
ConanIt looks like NBC is doing a little house cleaning at their web site. Not only is all of Conan O'Brien's 'Tonight Show' content gone, but the 'Tonight Show' section is gone completely.

If you take a look at NBC.com and go to the drop down menu where all of the shows are listed, there isn't even a 'Tonight Show' listed anymore. There is a listing for 'The Jay Leno Show' if you want to check that out, though I'm not sure why you'd want to.

Maybe they're retooling the 'Tonight Show' site for when Jay makes his return in a few weeks, but it would be a shame if, when the site comes back up, all of Conan's stuff is still gone. I mean, isn't he a part of the show's history, even if that part only last for seven months? It's fine to replace Conan's face on an NBC mural, it's another thing to wipe him from the network's history altogether.

[via TV Tattle]

ctunightfall

Conan O'Brien is the William Henry Harrison of The Tonight Show

February 06 2010 at 2:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to ctunightfall's comment
H

Yeah, if Harrison's successor got him sick with the cold he died from intentionally so he could take his spot - after telling him, "Oh sure, you can be the President. I'll just retire."

February 06 2010 at 9:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
H

There were some awesome Conan clips up there. I'm glad I saw a lot of them before they ripped them down. My favorites were some of the back stage clips and the bloopers. Conan was his best when things went wrong.

I don't get why they took it down anyway. Fans like me were probably flooding the site to get in all the Conan we could before the end. Isn't this still revenue through advertising on the website for them? Especially the Kodak and Best Buy bits he did for the holidays....

February 06 2010 at 2:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to H's comment
S

February 06 2010 at 4:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
H

Strike beard! Awesome. I have seen many of those clips before, but now have a place to watch them again!

=D

February 06 2010 at 8:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eileen

Uh, you might want to consider moving on. You're way too obsessed. It's over. Conan is out. He's off somewhere counting his money. You can relax, though. I promise you, he's okay.

February 05 2010 at 7:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Freelols.com

Uh gee, ya think??? Actually, I know they took down Conan's Tonight Show site this morning cause I heard the bulldozers. freelols.com

February 05 2010 at 5:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply