September 21, 2014

Newsweek Staff Members Who've Never Seen 'Lost' Watch and Comment

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 5th 2010 1:33PM
The other night while watching the season premiere of 'Lost,' I was thinking about people who have never seen the show. What if they watched this episode? Would they have any idea of what's going on? Would they like it? Would their heads explode?

This video below answers the question a bit. Several Newsweek staff members got together to watch scenes from important moments on the show and tried to figure out what it all means. Some of the comments range from goofy ("Why would that guy make the engine blow up?") to the typical line you hear from a non-fan ("It's heaven!").

emtae

All people that watch Lost do, is talk about how Lost doesn't make any sense.

It's yet another TV show where it's fans want to believe that they are smarter than everyone else because they 'get it', which is good comedy for the rest of us.

I see a Seinfeld/Sopranos-type ending for this show which will leave few satisfied, so it's fans might as well get ready. You will 'understand' it while lesser mortals will not.

February 05 2010 at 11:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Val

HILARIOUS! they were all so confused.. Some of comments here make me think you guys take LOST to damn seriously.. This clip made my night. Thanks.

Now I have to go and watch season 4 and 5 again..I have no Idea whats going on.

February 05 2010 at 11:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott K

1:12 in and I give up.

February 05 2010 at 5:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Scott K's comment
GerryofNorVA

Ha! I stopped at 1:15, that was too painful.

February 05 2010 at 5:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark

This was like one of those god-awful "I Love the 80's" shows on VH1. To be fair, though, the absence of Michael Ian Black made it slightly more tolerable for me, but besides that, yeah, more or less exactly the same.

Hey, Newsweek: Stop it, OK? If you've got people that haven't seen Lost, the correct procedure is to nag them and make fun of them until they agree to borrow your DVDs. Showing them an incomprehensible recap is not the correct procedure. Let's review: "Nag, Ridicule, Lend" = "Correct", "Incomprehensible Recap" = "You Suck"

February 05 2010 at 5:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TeenWolfie

I will choose free will!

February 05 2010 at 3:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bill

I know Tom, could they have found any more annoying people?

February 05 2010 at 3:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom

Wow, that was very annoying.

February 05 2010 at 2:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason Chapa

Not to stereotype, but all the guys sounded pretty feminine.

February 05 2010 at 2:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply