July 30, 2014

'V' Casts Three New Roles

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 5th 2010 9:36AM
V
Are you still watching 'V?' Of course, I say "still watching" even though the show hasn't been on in months. I still wonder about that strategy. A new show that debuts with only four episodes and then it goes on hiatus for several months? Did it even have enough episodes/drama to capture the attention of viewers so they're waiting on the edge of their seat for it to return? We'll find out on March 30 when it comes back to ABC.

For the fans who do continue to watch the show, there will be three new characters added for you. Nicholas Lea, who played bad guy Krycek on 'The X-Files,' has been added as Erica's (Elizabeth Mitchell's) ex-husband. Lexa Doig (remember 'Andromeda?' I loved the first season of that show) will play a doctor who is treating Valerie. And Charles Mesure ('Crossing Jordan,' 'Xena') will play a military guy who helps the Resistance.

Joan

Yes, Mr Lea is a handsome addition to V. I just hope he doesn't have to play a poop.

February 06 2010 at 4:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

Anticipated this show for a while and what we got was somewhat of a letdown. I am actually surprised it is coming back but I will definitely watch. Anyone or anything that has X-Files on it's resume will definitely get my attention. Sure do miss that show... Also recommend Supernatural thats a good show with bad ratings.

February 06 2010 at 1:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

>And Charles Mesure ('Crossing Jordan,' 'Xena') will play >a military guy who helps the Resistance.

Sounds a bit like Ham Tyler...

February 06 2010 at 11:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Romi

I watched the new series because I really liked the original mini-series. I'm looking forward to the return on March 30.

February 06 2010 at 11:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John F.C. Taylor

Sorry, I'm not a fan of the new version of "V". Saw the previews and was so disinterested that I never tuned into the new show. Might have tuned in out of curiosity if they'd said they were going to bring back the original cast in cameo roles.

February 06 2010 at 10:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rachel

@Daune
you can catch all 4 episodes on Hulu.com, it's free and decent quality. i just rewatched all the shows last week so they should still be available.

February 06 2010 at 8:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
patrick douglass

it sucks

February 06 2010 at 6:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Daune Calovini

Hellz yeah. I'd watch Nicholas Lea on Accidentally on Purpose! Well... mmmm... that would be a tough call.

Anyhoo, I'm mainly posting to say that I hope they're going to re-run those few episodes we saw, because I may have sacrificed one or two this week. DVR is full with new network and cable shows, and I hadn't finished up V, plus I'd need a refresher anyway!

February 05 2010 at 6:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Daune Calovini's comment
Rachel

Sorry didn't realize i could reply...
@Daune

February 06 2010 at 8:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GerryofNorVA

A more appropriate reference for Lexa is that she more recently starred on Stargate SG1 portraying a doctor there, too. A very likable actress, she'll be a good addition.

February 05 2010 at 5:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to GerryofNorVA's comment
AJ

She is also married to Michael Shanks (aka Dr. Jackson) on Star Gate SG1

February 06 2010 at 10:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mrs. Mac

It's good to know Mrs. Shanks is working again. BTW she was also in "Jason" X

February 06 2010 at 12:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tjj0819

I was about to say that I wasn't sure if I cared enough to go back to the show, and then you go and tell me Nicholas Lea has been cast. I can't resist me some Krycek, so yeah, I'll watch.

February 05 2010 at 11:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply