November 24, 2014

Jeff Probst Wants More 'Survivor' (But Not Too Much More)

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 9th 2010 3:09PM
Jeff Probst
When 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst renews his contract, it's usually for two years (which comes out to be four seasons of the show). But when he renewed his contract with CBS and the show last week, he only renewed it for one year (two seasons). I'm not sure if this is because he doesn't want to commit to several seasons of the show or if it's a negotiating/contract thing. Could 'Survivor' continue without Probst as host? Or is he too big a part of the show?

'Survivor: Heroes & Villains' debuts on Thursday.

Could Survivor survive without Jeff Probst?
No, he's a big part of the show.463 (58.8%)
Sure, anyone can be replaced.190 (24.1%)
I think Conan should host Survivor!135 (17.1%)

Andy

Why is it that polls never have an option that reflect my opinion? There is a significant middle ground between "it would force the show off the air" and "Probst is utterly insignificant," which I think are the implications made by the 2 (serious) options.

Personally, I think the show would be just fine, but it wouldn't quite have the same feel. I'm sure I could grow accustomed to a new host, but it would still be weird.

February 10 2010 at 8:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Viv

Yes survivor need Probst. Not that he does something that somebody else can't but he is just a fabric of that environment.

Bob, for god's sake let Conan go. Unlike you, none of us are obsessed with Conan. You and Danny have certainly managed to drag TVsquad down quite a few notches. You can have your orgasmic fun whenever he shows up for work on some network.

February 09 2010 at 5:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tresa

I'd like to see the guy from Cash Cab get the job if Jeff doesn't want it any longer. Mike from Dirty Jobs is another one that would be good. Both of those guys seem to like the interaction with the people that are on their shows. Jeff is great but if he wanted to leave I'd be willing to give someone else a chance.

February 09 2010 at 4:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to tresa's comment
the dude

jeff has done a good job but i don't see him as irreplaceable. i like you two suggestions as to a replacement. i'd like mike better as i think that he has what i think would make him successful in that job.

February 09 2010 at 6:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce Buckley

Please, oh please no more dimples please!

February 09 2010 at 4:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sid gilmore

My vote is to have Jeff replace Regis on "Live with Jeff and Kelly". He's a great co-host and I could gaze at his dimples every morning.

February 09 2010 at 3:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce N.

Can't even imagine Survivor without Jeff Probst. He is perfection as the host.

February 09 2010 at 3:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply