November 21, 2014

Update: Yup, That '24' Movie is Still a Go

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 9th 2010 1:07PM
Kiefer SutherlandI'm not talking about a TV movie a la '24: Redemption,' I'm talking about an adventure that Jack Bauer will have on the big screen. TV Guide is reporting that a screenwriter has been hired to write the '24' movie. Billy Ray, who wrote the movies 'Shattered Glass,' 'State of Play,' the remake of 'Westworld' as well as many episodes of the mid-90s sci-fi series 'Earth 2,' is going to do the screenplay for the movie.

Of course, since this is a big screen movie of a small screen show, they have to do something a little "larger," so Jack won't be saving Los Angeles or New York or even Ottumwa, Iowa. This movie will be set in London, which means Jack will have to get used to saving the world in 24 hours several hours ahead of when he did it here in the United States. Also, any car chases or car explosions will now take place on the other side of the road.

[Watch '24' and other shows at SlashControl.]

Kim

Has anyone read "Kiefer Sutherland: Living Dangerously"? Kiefer is a bad boy and belongs on the big screen. He is way to intense for tv. Check the book out at amazon.com

February 10 2010 at 5:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JennyL

Please, please, please don't let Brannon Braga get involved with this project.

February 09 2010 at 3:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to JennyL's comment
Edward

I second that

February 09 2010 at 3:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Han Solo

So...we will have to setup the whole scene, have jack run around and save the world all in 2:30?

Not sure I think its worth it.

Part of the appeal of 24 is that it has depth to the stories and the terror plots unfold over the whole season.

A 'movie' at BEST could basically be a cheap copy of a BOND film starring Keifer.

February 09 2010 at 3:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C C

I may be crazy, but I don't see this happening.

February 09 2010 at 2:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DarthPaul

2400GMT!

Jack tries to be clever & gets a stabbing from a chav.

I'm glad all the crazy stuff happens in London in the movies, I think the worst thing to happen where I'm from is some children went on a railway, and some guy called Heathcliffe did something on the moors (never read Bronte)

February 09 2010 at 1:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply