April 18, 2014

Second Season of 'Jersey Shore' Might Be Shot in South Beach

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 10th 2010 10:05AM
Jersey ShoreIsn't it funny how fast 'Jersey Shore' became a hit show and part of pop culture? When it first started it didn't seem like it would be much, just another reality show with young people with abs of various definitions living in a house together, dating, going out, arguing, and all that. But now you can talk to an 18 year-old or a 40 year-old and they'll probably both know who Snooki and The Situation are.

Now Movieline is reporting that the second season is probably going to be filmed in South Beach. There have been a lot of rumors swirling that the next season will be set somewhere else, perhaps The Hamptons or some place warm. Now it looks like a done deal that the show will film in Miami (though sorry, I don't see a crossover with 'Burn Notice' coming anytime soon - at least I hope not).

Is this a good idea, or is the Jersey Shore an important part of the show? MTV is probably going for "Jersey people try to fit in with South Beach people" controversy.

Ashley

Okay .. So if we could keep the Trash known as those losers on the Jersey Shore out of my beautiful South Beach Miami I would be really happy!!! Like the show is called "The Jersey Shore" Please do yourselves a favor and stay in the smog we all know as Jersey!!!
I would highly appreciate it, especially bc it is Spring Break right now and I can only take so many greasy Guido's in one Summer!!! With the excpetion of Dj Pauly D .. Your Gorgeous babe!!
Reality we already habe the Kardashians down here filming isnt that more than enough to have to deal with Scott and his endless drama let alone all of the Sisters and Kris' on top of that.
This is a vacation destination but people do live here as well!!!
So MTV i beg you please stay in NJ!!! Thanks

March 26 2010 at 12:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
March

I live in North Miami Beach and just saw Jersey Shore for the first time last weekend. I was fascinated. I think it's interesting to see how other people in other parts of the country live. Don't bring the show to Miami. I want to see what life is like on the Jersey Shore. How can you do a show about Jersey in Miami?

February 28 2010 at 1:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
montana

Ahahahahahah the only "Pussy" the Situation is gonna get is that Black one walking cross his path... its all homos out there. New Jersey be ever so greatful that mess is leaving your fine city

February 11 2010 at 3:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SNM

The only thing that show depicts is how stupid Jersey Shore people are. A bunch of looser, narcisstic, steroid freak guys that think they are cool, and a bunch of really stupid big haired bimbos. Blonds move over! Big haired, caked on makeup, damn near retarded, Jersey Shore brunettes have made you blonds look like beautiful geniuses. I don't even need to say anything more about those dim-witted, mafia wanna-be, steroid freak guys. The term GOOMBAH is now offensive to the characters from Mario Bros. God how does anyone watch that crap???

February 11 2010 at 2:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wrkn2mch

Been from the Jersey Shore all my life and to real locals they are "Shoebies" meaning they come down from up north with a shoebox of their stuff. But most down here call them "Bennies" that's when the New Yorkers come down here with their fist full of "Twenties" get it.... Ben Franklin on the Twenties "Bennies" LOL

February 11 2010 at 2:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to wrkn2mch's comment
montana

OH YOUR TALKING ABOUT THE BENJAMINS ahhhhhhhhhh

February 11 2010 at 3:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Myfakename

Shoebies is exactly what I said twenty comments back... but then again I believe that is a South Jersey thing, and as any good South Jersian knows, it's that North and South Jersey are actually two totally different states with North Jersey just being an extension of NY, and South Jersey being where the upscale shore towns are located, as opposed to the skanky Northern beaches (calling them "the shore" would be a misnomer, IMHO)... So the show would have been more appropriately titled "Skanky North Jersey Beach full of Shoebies"

February 11 2010 at 11:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zonker

Maybe this time they can do something unusual like work for a non profit.

February 11 2010 at 1:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Preston

I think that maybe the New Jersey beach just wasn't a good fit for the cast and the backlash it got from people up there. So they're moving to South Beach in Miami, Florida to handle the second season. But maybe the show's unexpected meteoric success on MTV probably led them to move. I would have liked them to stay in Jersey to keep that authenticity going. I think that the cast needs to calm down with this unexpected fame they've gotten. They've gotten too big-headed as of late with demanding more money per show. Come on, your show's been on for 8 episodes; it ran for a month with that first set--you act like it's been on for 4 or 5 years for goodness sakes! Stop acting like you're the cast of Friends in their late '90s high ratings peak on NBC!

February 11 2010 at 1:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
B.E

I live in Southern New Jersey and I have not once watched this show. However, I do know where in New Jersey the show takes place, what the people look like, and that most of them aren't from NJ. I would never watch this show. I can't wait for it and them to leave here. Maybe next time they'll actually choose people who actually are from NJ, and maybe pick a place here that is actually known for being the "shore"..like Atlantic City instead of some random place around here.

February 11 2010 at 1:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tina

I think the show should stay at the Jersey shore! Because the show was about the cast and the town.Everybody knows the Jersey shore is where most people from the northest go to vacation/party.

February 11 2010 at 12:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
algonquin j. calhoun

i gotta mo better idea than movin the jersey shore to miami...move it to savannah, georgia, and let the crackers and rednecks have a shot at the guidos...in miami, they're gonna blend right in with all the other transplants, but on the Redneck Riviera, it'll be laughs galore and misunderstandings aplenty when Snooki meets Paula Deen, JWOW meets Lady Chablis, and The Situation links up with Murray Silver. way better than God's Waiting Room in south florida...

February 11 2010 at 12:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply