September 16, 2014

White People Like Coco O'Brien

by Danny Gallagher, posted Feb 10th 2010 9:02PM
Are you a fan of Conan O'Brien? Were you so incensed at NBC's treatment of him that you considered launching some kind of letter writing campaign that, at best, could cripple NBC's mailroom department and force them to take a half day? Chances are you're also really white.

Christian Lander's hilarious Stuff White People Like blog featured the former 'Tonight Show' host the No. 113 thing that white people, presumably, like.

Lander said the lighter skinned people of the universe are behind Coco because "he embodies so many of the things they already like before he even opens his mouth: Ivy League Schools, Red Hair, the Boston Red Sox, Self Deprecating Humor, The Simpsons, and Bad Memories of High School (likely, but not confirmed). Seeing him on television five nights a week is a comforting reminder of community to the white people who still have televisions."

whiteguy

what a racist article.
just because you reversed the usual race roles does not make this acceptable.

February 12 2010 at 4:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
slyyoung

Who care's that Conan(Cry Baby) O'brian lost his job and was given millions of dollars.I wonder how the millions of people that's jobless,homeless,etc feel about his situation? Why don't people get outraged about the lack of affordable health care and not is Gov Palin,I mean( EX) gov Palin going to run for President. I'm gonna have me a sip of Tea on that.

February 11 2010 at 9:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fred

Danny, again I say you finding completely humorless and racist remarks hilarious is pathetic. The only thing more pathetic is writing about it.

No, actually there is one more thing that's even more pathetic. That would be the deletion of my first post about how you find racism funny.

February 11 2010 at 12:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to Fred's comment
Michael

You had me until you hit the Red Sox.

February 10 2010 at 11:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anita

hmm, clearly I need to re-confirm my ethnicity then -

"Ivy League Schools, Self Deprecating Humor, The Simpsons, and Bad Memories of High School (likely, but not confirmed)."

February 10 2010 at 11:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ed_C.

I think it's either "Conan O'Brien" or just plain "Coco"

February 10 2010 at 10:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply