September 16, 2014

Lucy Lawless Heading to 'Caprica' for Final Five Arc?

by Mike Moody, posted Feb 11th 2010 10:00AM
lucy lawless bsg capricaWith 'Caprica' struggling to find an audience, it seems natural for the show to hail the mother ship, 'Battlestar Galactica', for a little help.

According to TV Guide, 'Caprica' will soon begin an arc that reveals the backstory of 'BSG's "Final Five" Cylons.

It's unclear if the actors who originally portrayed The Five will return for the 'BSG' prequel, but we might get a visit from another familiar Cylon face. Word is that 'Caprica' producers have already asked Lucy Lawless to reprise the role of D'Anna, one of 'BSG's most troublesome toasters.

The reveal of the Final Five was a compelling and memorable storyline for 'BSG', culminating in a shaky truce between human and Cylon. I'd love to learn more about The Five, but 'Caprica' seems like the wrong venue for this story. A stand-alone TV movie would probably make more sense, especially since D'Anna doesn't really belong in the 'Caprica' years.

So far, 'Caprica' has done a great job of forging its own identity while adding to the 'BSG' mythos. I'd hate to see the Graystones and the Adamas reduced to B players to make room for The Five and other old characters.

What do you think, 'BSG'/'Caprica' fans? It sounds like Lawless might at least show up for a guest spot. Michael Trucco and Kate Vernon have already hinted that they'd like to appear in the prequel. Is there room for these old toasters on the new show? And how do you think they'd work D'Anna into the storyline?

James

Here is a crazy theory : Brother Cavil mentioned a Daniel who he know had a worst fate then being boxed. Could Daniel Greystone be that Daniel?

February 27 2010 at 7:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Prepare to Jump

I hope they don't. It makes no sense to have them in it. Maybe later on in the end of Caprica. They should stay away from Caprica, their BSG characters will be tainted by this abortion called Caprica when it is cancelled in it's first season. This show is like watching an elderly woman in her last days. You try and tell her to keep fighting and how much you love her presence, but she just doesn't want to keep fighting it anymore.
Seeing these characters in "The Plan" was painful enough.
-R.I.P. BSG

February 20 2010 at 3:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
angela

I would love to see her back as D'Anna. She'd have to dye her hair blonde again though.

February 17 2010 at 11:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ramius

Baltar never died. 6 used her body to shield him during the explosion...

February 13 2010 at 9:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Frankie Tee

I'm A Big Fan Of Caprica. Stay Focus, And Keep Up The Good Work.

February 13 2010 at 7:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Antique Organ

Who the hell is she ??????????????

February 13 2010 at 7:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
edmund

Although Caprica is good, they are rewriting the original concept of the Cylons yet again.

In the "original"(i.e. the very first Battlestar Galactica, not this new one) the Cylons were a living race of machines which had been around for over 200 years and were intent on wiping out all of humanity. It was never said that they were created on Caprica.

All Caprica is doing is adding to the "new Battlestar Galactica" universe, and if they were to bring characters from the "new BG" into Caprica, then I would possibly not watch it anymore.

Right now the only thing keeping me interested in Caprica is that it gives some background information on how the adamas came to be, something wihich was not mentioned in the "true original" Battlestar Galactica.

IIRC they did not even mention that Commander Adama was a Tauran in the original, only that he was from one of the 13 colonies.

February 13 2010 at 7:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angela

I'm not sure if things have changed but about a week ago, Sharon Delaney, the Xena and Lucy fan clubs president, said that "no" Lucy was not going to be on "Caprica". Now in that week, things could have changed but until I hear it from Lucy (through Sharon), I won't believe it. As for seeing it? Could Lucy reprise her role as D'Anna? I think it would be more of a scientist who helped create the different cylons. Her character name could be Anna or Dana or Dayna... something like that. But I don't think the cylon could be in the prequel show... like people here have been saying... the humiod cylons were built 10 years or more after the metal cylons.

Just my thoughts on this... my mom told me about this article and I just wanted to share.

Angela.

February 13 2010 at 7:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathleen Ford

Patience BSG fans - that is all that we can ask. I have been a diehard BG fan from it's original conception and I have not been disappointed yet!

February 13 2010 at 5:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff

Is it a TV show or a Sunday morning sermon? It's enter-tainment, folks. Don't look too deeply. It's not a religious discussion. If you want to see theological implications in a TV drama, knock yourself out. Just keep it to yourself. Some of us out here simply want to put the world on hold for an hour or two and be amused. Lighten up.

February 13 2010 at 4:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply