October 22, 2014

69 Percent of TV Guide Readers Won't Watch Leno

by Danny Gallagher, posted Feb 12th 2010 10:06AM
Internet polls are always a little squiffy when it comes to interpreting actual raw data. But if I were Jay Leno right now, my chin would be quivering right about now.

TV Guide conducted an online poll of their readers and 69 percent of the respondents said they used to watch Jay either on 'The Tonight Show' or his short-lived 'Jay Leno Show' but won't when he returns to the post local news time slot.

Another 15 percent said they would watch Jay in his new time slot, 12 percent said they never watched him in the first place and the remaining 4 percent were undecided.

ronflmallkinkade

Jay Leno? I love "Headlines", "Jay Walking" and certain celebraties. His jokes include unfeeling humor over someones death or tragic situations.
How do I watch Leno? Fast forward until I see a flash of something not filmed in the studio. Go straight to "Headlines" or "Jay Walking" if either is on. Watch an interview if I really like the interviewee. The rest of Jay is a waste of my time. He spends too much time laughing at his own humor. Jesus in his life? I hope so. If so, he will be in heaven, but not to be funny.
Where are you, Mr. Professional, Johnny Carson?

February 18 2010 at 8:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cris

Once the new show starts with the old gang back in charge everything will fall into place. David Letterman is too creepy and by the time the games are over this all will be a faded memory, kind of like when they changed the flavor of Coke. Nobody knew why they wanted to change the flavor, but someone thought it was a good idea. Wonder where that guy is now?

February 17 2010 at 1:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cal4RCE

Jay is awful. He needs to hire better joke writers. He seems so out of touch. Conan's Tonight Show was a rehash of his old show - the screaming brass note at the end of his opening theme was sooooo annoying. His new set was awful. Conan should have come up with a new theme and new gags. He spends too much time talknig about himself. Jay and Conan need to watch some Carson dvds and take some hints. Letterman keeps falling on his face; he needs to retire.

February 17 2010 at 11:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

conan______ Its Irish for jughead

February 13 2010 at 12:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

Really miss Jays segments like Headlines and the Police blotter reports, and Man on the street routines and games.That man has a great imagination and good writers. I'd watch Conan once in awhile and his hair bothered me and I also hated the physical puppetry and that deer -in-the -headlights look he has. He would've been dashed or kicked to the curb eventually. I truly feel his kinetic sense of being a host on the Tonight show
should land him On SNL where the "humor' is the same

February 13 2010 at 12:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Duke

When Johnny left the Tonight Show I thought it would be the end of my late night TV watching as Johnny was the greatest...Jay Leno kept me watching and I am more then glad he will be sitting behind the desk again...In my opinion Letterman is funny, yet he is so full of himself that I cannot not watch him except for a handful of times a year...Conan on the other hand is a real dork, he has never been funny nor will he ever be funny...How he has kept his scam going I will never know...Send Conan to Afghanistan and allow him to bore the terrorists out of their hiding places...

February 13 2010 at 12:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pete

Conan sucks! he singlehandedly brought down the Tonight Show because he's NOT FUNNY! He should never have been given any show to begin with. Good riddence "Conan"-who names their kid Conan anyway?

February 12 2010 at 11:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bill-Sch

It's not a dog, you're thinking of the Insult Comic dog sock puppet perhaps. It's a Masterbating Bear that is also part of his schtick. When Conan signed contract to leave, the IP that is those two, NBC gets to keep, to sell merchanidise from.

February 12 2010 at 11:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BETTY

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY JAY IS BEING BLAMED FOR THIS WHOLE FIASCO....CONAN IS THE ONE WHO WANTED A BETTER TIME SLOT, MEANING THE TONIGHT SHOW. HE TOOK THAT FROM JAY, AND NOW JAY IS GETTING IT BACK....AND JAY DIDN'T DEMAND IT BACK...NBC AND CONAN MESSED THINGS UP...THEY SHOULD HAVE LEFT WELL ENOUGH ALONE....I WILL DEFINITELY WATCH JAY AGAIN.....

February 12 2010 at 11:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
poisme

I watched Jay on his old show after watching the news. O'Brian with his Masterbating dog turned me OFF of his later show. I rarely watched Jay in Prime time but will watch him after the News again. GO JAY!!!

February 12 2010 at 10:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply