October 23, 2014

More on Gena Rowlands' 'NCIS' Episode

by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 12th 2010 11:00AM
days_of_our_lives_leann_hunleyThere's more details coming out about Gena Rowlands' upcoming guest turn on 'NCIS,' thanks to a report from TV Guide soap expert Michael Logan. When Rowlands appears on 'NCIS' March 2 as Gibbs' former mother-in-law, Joann, the show will flashback to a time when Joann and Jethro were much younger.

The younger Gibbs will be played by Sean Harmon, Mark's own son, and the younger version of Joann will be portrayed by 'Days of Our Lives'' Emmy-winner Leann Hunley.

Hunley (pictured), who plays Anna DiMera on 'Days of Our Lives,' told Logan that she was thrilled to play Joann in flashback, especially because of her admiration for Rowlands. "When I first saw her back in the '70s in 'A Woman Under the Influence,' I thought, 'That woman looks like me! She has my eyes!'" Hunley told Logan.

The actress said that it has always been her secret wish to play Rowlands someday, but she never thought it would happen.

For 'NCIS' fans, this episode is shaping up to be something special ... a chance to get more information about Gibbs' past with his late wife Shannon, and their child, Kelly. Joann was Shannon's mother.

In the flashbacks, Leann explains that her character is unhappy with Jethro's military career. "You see that Joann is very angry at Gibbs for taking her daughter and grandchild away from her when his job is relocated." That relocation led to Shannon and Kelly's tragic deaths.

Kathy

MARK HARMON IS STILL " The SEXIEST MAN ALIVE" those blue eyes and boyish smile........wow....

February 25 2010 at 12:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
janice

It has been hinted several times about the relationship between abby and mcgee- There seems to be some jealousy when anyone else is around them. I want them together, they seem to belong. It has also been hinted about ziva and tony.

February 22 2010 at 5:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Libby Eiseman

With Comcast On Demand you can go into "Series" and watch previously aired shows. It's a wonderful way to keep up with all your favorite shows.

February 16 2010 at 12:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave T.

NCIS is a great show but I have to agree with many of the comments about DeNozzo, his charactor wants to make me throw a shoe at him on the screen. His workplace habits shouldn't be tolerated even on T.V. And I'd reallt like to see McGee beat the shit out of him soon!

February 15 2010 at 10:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stam

NCIS is the best show on TV.

February 15 2010 at 7:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jacki yates

The best show on Television is NCIS and The Mentalist. I adore Mark Harmon and Simon Baker. You cannot get better shows than those. The characters on each show are just great together. If any where replaced it wouldn't be the same. I would like see additional shows each season. Keep up the good writing and and great shows!. Good clean shows...without sex and cursing. Thank you and God Bless You!

February 15 2010 at 7:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
evesin

NCIS is absolutely one of the best shows on TV period and the ratings prove it. NCIS-LA is now making Tuesday night, along with the Good Wife, the strongest night with the highest ratings for CBS (thanks to NCIS).

I do enjoy other shows now. USA has come up with some really good, compelling new shows to replace Monk -- White Collar and Psych being my favorites.

I am a fan of Lost and will watch the remaining episodes since I have been strung along for 6 seasons and it is a sad compulsion but I HAVE to see how they end all challenges these people have faced and see if any of them have a happy ending.

Old favorites are still watchable -- Law & Order, Law and Order SVU, Bones, CSI, CSI NY, 48 Hours. A few new ones have drawn my attention -- NFL Full Contact on TruTV Monday Nights at 10:00 and Undercover Boss on CBS Sunday at 9:00.

I was a big fan of Discovery, History, History Intl, A & E, Nat'l Geographic and Science when they actually put time and effort (and financial funding) into producing programs that dealt with Old World, Prehistoric, Universe, Egyptian, Mayan, Aztec, etc dynasties, Early Man, Early American History, European History, etc.

All they do now is show reruns from 5 or more years ago, or crappy shows that have nothing to do with the subjects we want to learn about.

That is another reason shows like NCIS have become so popular. They are a heck of a lot better than most cable shows and 1000 times better than these dumb reality shows.

February 15 2010 at 7:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Don M

would like to see a normal picture of Abby she looks
like shes a nice looking woman

February 15 2010 at 6:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jrp1947

I miss Kate like anyone else but in real life people come and go. We have been very fortunate in that the casting director has used very good taste in blending just the right people and creating just the right personalities to create a group of people who are vastly different and yet very close to each other like a real family. they keep us entertained because they keep us off guard and intrigued.

February 15 2010 at 6:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jamie

I actually was in The Navy, and rworked with Navy civillians, and We really did have people like DiNozzo that were everry bit as annoying and Funny as Tony! it made the Day go by faster, and more interesting. I also had a duty Station that was very much about rules and regs and that office was very quiet all the time, but really there are Tonys and Gibbs, and Zivas, and Mcgees around the Federal government! I think it they have represented the NAVY well!

February 15 2010 at 6:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply