July 29, 2014

TLC Orders 'Cupcake Sisters'

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 12th 2010 11:28AM
TLC logoWho would have thought, even ten years ago, that we would have so many shows on TV right now that either have "cake" in the title or are about people who make cakes and other desserts? We have 'Cake Boss' and 'Ace of Cakes' and 'Ultimate Cake Off' and various shows where little people make chocolates, and it's all beginning to get a little out of hand. Talk about a specific genre.

And now there's more coming, only with smaller cakes. The Hollywood Reporter says that TLC has ordered 6 episodes of 'Cupcake Sisters.'

That's only a tentative title, but I'm going to guess it's about two brothers who run an oil company. Just kidding, it's about sisters who run a cupcake shop! Cupcakes seem to be all the rage now. I wonder if they will be in a year and a half.

I'd like to offer my services on a cake show. I haven't made many cakes, but I'd like to star in 'Guy Eats Cake.' It would be a half hour weekly show where I sit down at my coffee table and eat cake and watch television.

Mara Tirado

Cupcakes are so yesterday.

I've also decided to stop watching "CAKE" shows since they have no "COLOR" or "FLAVOR" ; Ethnic cake decorators.

I know sooooooooo many that can decorate and market rings around what's on TV that it's ridiculous.
When TLC and other channels decide to take the pastry bag by the correct end and stop making the cake industry look so "WHITE BREAD" I may be back.

February 24 2010 at 9:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susan

Ace of Cakes is a fun show . . . the owner works and laughs with his friends and Jeff has a dry sense of humor.

February 16 2010 at 12:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RJ

Another contrived, ridiculous, commercial soaked "cooking" show??? Just what this country needs!!!!!!

February 16 2010 at 8:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lionsbowl

The Show little people big world is a good one. But all these other shows they keep adding with these annoying people that shouldnt of had one kid but they have 8 or more are horrible.

February 16 2010 at 8:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susan

Another boring food show. TLC is really going down hill. It used to be good years ago.There used to be alot more medical shows on, now it all about food. No wonder why so many people have weight problems. They're all baking high fat desserts.

February 16 2010 at 8:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kevin

You mean Tastless show !!!!!!!!

February 16 2010 at 6:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lori

I love the cooking shows. I use them for inspiration for my own cooking or baking. At the moment, I am teaching myself how to decorate cakes. (I have such a long way to go.) Honestly, as a retired/disabled woman I find these shows entertaining and educational. Additionally, they give me an outlet for my own creativity. Keep them coming!

February 16 2010 at 3:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff

Cupcakes are the Bomb! You can gently remove the outer cupcake wrapping;caress the sides of the cupcake,and then,eagerly suck the nipple of frosting on the top. Thank God you can hold one cupcake in each hand.

February 16 2010 at 12:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stewcooker

You are right. I don't watch the food network anymore either. I watched to learn not to watch someone eating in a new restaurant or in competition. I wanted the new recipes and the plating techniques.

February 16 2010 at 12:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debora

TLC, FoodNetwork, HGTV are all owned by the same company and that is why you see so many crossover people on the shows. TLC hasn't been a learning channel since they stopped showing "The Operation" years ago. All they show now is whatever is cheapest to produce.

February 16 2010 at 12:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply