April 24, 2014

Does NBC's Olympics Theme Music Sound Familiar?

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 15th 2010 5:03PM
Sharp-eared TV fans have probably known this for a long time because NBC has been using the music for a while, but 'Lost' producer Carlton Cuse Twittered about it the other day to let everyone else know: a lot of the music that NBC is using on their Olympics coverage is the theme song to another show that Carlton co-created/produced back in the early 90s. Here's the video. God I loved this show.

backbackheyhey

Somebody really needs to start re-running this show. Encore Westerns maybe?

February 19 2010 at 12:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david

I spent hours on the internet searching for this theme I heard on the Olympics.

February 17 2010 at 10:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ellen

OK, so I'm old (56), but I could swear I recall this theme, with a perky "dah DAH dah, dah DAH dah, dahdahdahdahdahdah DAH dah"...from the 70's.

February 16 2010 at 6:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ChadRico

I love the song. Never knew it was the theme to a old show. Never watched "Briscoe County" but, I love Bruce Campbell. He kicks ass in the "Evil Dead" movies.

February 16 2010 at 6:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mea

I never saw that show. I guess I was just too exhausted from teaching and grading papers LOL! I am retired now, but CSI type shows are my fave. The song is very Olympic sounding and I really like it!

February 16 2010 at 4:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mama

To me that is the Olympics Song... I don't know that show... Maybe I am not that old or a foreigner... That song rocks!!! It is the call that Olympics is on !!!
The bad thing is that somebody is going to be sued !!!!
It is our way of life or the American way !!!
Both... going for some $$$ !!!

February 16 2010 at 3:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

Hail To The King Baby!

February 16 2010 at 2:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wofford

once you hear the Brisco Theme, you never forget that kickass show.

February 16 2010 at 2:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lisa.darveau

my boyfriend recognized it right away!!!

February 16 2010 at 12:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

Hell, I named my cat Brisco. Other one's Ash.

February 16 2010 at 12:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Jim's comment
Joanna

Awesome! nice cat names, Jim!

February 16 2010 at 2:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply