December 20, 2014

So What Has Conan Been Up to Since His 'Tonight Show' Ended?

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 16th 2010 12:26PM
ConanWhat has Conan O'Brien been up to since his seven-month stint as host of 'The Tonight Show' ended? The same exact thing he did during the writers strike a while back: he grew a beard! This time he did it in Hawaii, where he's on vacation with his family while he figures out his next move.

One thing is certain: Conan looks much better without hair on his face.

[via Pop Candy]

marciac

i think Conan looks good with the beard. i think he should keep it!

February 25 2010 at 1:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sbhappe34

I am into the news. I still don't like conon. The one thing he is so much in love with his self always looking at his self primping, ugh no humor in that. He needs a tailor. His jackets look like a little kid that is out growing his clothes. Look at the sleeves and the rest. He is a spoiled brat. I doubt if he has ever had to want for anything. Daddy a doctor went to Yale. Get real. I find his jokes very immature. Jay needs a new face. Kevin is leaving so I'm sure he is getting while the getting is good. Send an unknow.

February 20 2010 at 12:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
carole del monte

You people with the snarky remarks need to get a life. If you don't like O'Brien's humor/appearance/the fact that he's breathing, just lay out. He's gone, for now. No need to be nasty. I wish him well. It has to have been a difficult & upsetting turn of events for him with career, property issues (having to sell his home in NYC) & self-esteem all affected. I'm a strong Jay Leno fan, but NBC should be ashamed of their stupidity & reckless actions.

February 20 2010 at 12:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Preston

Maybe the grind of taping that show for years (Late Night for 16 years and Tonight for 7 months) was too much and he needed a break. I think the red beard is cool on him after some 17 years of being clean shaven so much for TV. Makes him edgier and cool with the look.

February 18 2010 at 2:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
the big Fangu

George Lopez the biggest racist on t.v. ban TBS TILL THEY CANCEL THE SHOW......

February 18 2010 at 1:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bobbb

PEOPLE ARE SMART ENOUGH TO GET HIM AND THAT IS WHY PEOPLE WITH TASTE DON'T LIKE HIM. THE IDIOTS WHO CAN'T THINK OR DON'T NEED TO THINK ARE THE PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW THE DOLT.

February 18 2010 at 12:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bobbb

ANYTHING COCO DOES TO HIT HIS FACE IS AN IMPROVEMENT. THE BEARD IS GOOD, THE SUNGLASSES ARE GOOD AND THE HAT IS GOOD. HE IS A GOOD HUMORIST BUT A TERRIBLE COMEDIAN. AS LONG AS THEIR IS SOMEONE TO SENSOR HIS BATHROOM, JUVENILE ( i.e. MASTERBATING BEAR, et. al.) ATTEMPTS AT HUMOR WHICH is too putrid for national television HE CAN PROBABLY BE INVOLVED IN COMEDY. I am sure he has his twit fan base who sit in their rooms at mommy's house and beat to a different drummer; but for the sane world, CooCoo doesn't cut it.

February 18 2010 at 12:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Natalie

People who do not like him are not smart enough to "get" him. Unlike Jay watchers, you have to be on top of the news and current events to appreciate his humor. Leno reads from the "Strange News" section of the new paper to get his slow and slanted material.

February 18 2010 at 12:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debra Reed

I think Conan has to recoup and regroup. You all seem to think that MONEY is all he has lost. It is not. The Tonight Show was a jewel that Carson has wrested from him by Leno. I will never watch Jay Leno on ANYTHING again. He was minimumly funny on his best night and thid fiasco is one of the most classless, selfish, rude things I have ever seen done to a fellow professional. He had his shot and his ratings were horrible when he started the first year. Money can't cushion the blow of having that prestige taken from Conan. I really loved him and his Tonight Show. I loved LaBamba and Max. NBC should be ashamed and I hope Leno falls on his chin and impales himself on it his first night. I don't think he will be anywhere near the number one ratings. I hope not, anyway.

February 18 2010 at 11:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Debra Reed's comment
Pat

You all seem to forget that this was a business decision, pure and simple. Leno left as the number one rated show. Conan lost the ratings. NBC brought Leno back. You can't blame Leno for NBC"s business decision. If Conan had gotten the ratings, he'd still be on. He didn't makei at at that time slot. If Leno doesn't bring back the ratings, he'll go.

February 18 2010 at 12:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Yaya

He looks wayyyyyyyyyyyy better with the beard!

February 18 2010 at 10:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply