July 23, 2014

Introducing the New 'Tonight Show' Logo

by Brad Trechak, posted Feb 17th 2010 10:02AM

Jay LenoFor those of you hoping for a last-minute reprieve of Conan O'Brien, you are way too late. To prove it, NBC has developed a brand-spanking-new logo for 'The Tonight Show With Jay Leno.' What's old is new again.

The show has posted the new logo on the website of the now-defunct 'Jay Leno Show,' ironically. You can also see construction of the new stage and some of the workers holding a coffee cup in the background. The new logo is after the jump.

The Tonight Show with Jay LenoThe Tonight Show with Jay Leno
I've placed the new logo to the left of the old one so a comparison could be made. The new one is kind of drab and the color scheme makes a person want to fall asleep. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come for 'The Tonight Show'.

So what do you think? Is the change in the logo a step up? Down? Sideways? Let us know in the comments.

Mrose

Logo looks like the old CARSON era logo...It is too bad that all of these SO-CALLED Conan fans couldn't support him when it really counted. Not to worry, he will be back and MAYBE you will get a chance to ignore him again! 40-50% loss in ratings after Leno turned the show over!! Who's fault is that...YOURS!!! So shut the hell up!!!!! Don't watch, you didn't watch before when it was conan! If you ALL did he would still be there...MORONS!

February 19 2010 at 4:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Preston

The new logo is more relaxed and fits perfectly with the new show. Now the old logo of the 1992-2009 Tonight Show looks very late '90s with a touch of the neon-era 1987 show logos with the letters so big and leaning to the right. Looks more like a restaurant sign than a show logo.

February 19 2010 at 1:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jessica

This is actually kinda perfect- a bland and boring logo for a bland and boring "comedian"!

February 18 2010 at 5:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diane Lauder

The new logo is hard to see for those with vision impairment. The color needs more contrast. Yes, I'll be watching Jay. Letterman does the dumbest thingd when he comes out and then "The Weasel" (Paul) kisses up to him. DL's "interviews" are so contrived. He bearly lets his guests say much. Am I sick of Letterman? Yes, yes, yes! I don't watch him anymore.

February 18 2010 at 10:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sharron Lanier

Hated Conan can't stand Letterman, so very happy Leno is back. Will watch every nite. I really don't care about logo.

February 18 2010 at 6:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bocona

I have watched the Tonight show since it started first with Steve Allen, then Jack Paar, then johnny Carson and most recently with Jay Leno. I did not watch the Tonight show with Conan O'Brian because his sense of humor did appeal to me; his antics were very childish and the whole show was immature. I am glad and happy Jay will be back on the Tonight Show and hopefully NBC will not screw things up again for him or anybody else. Yeah!!

February 18 2010 at 5:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KNEJAYE1

I LIKE JAY I THINK HE'S VERY FUNNY,COCO WASN'T HE WAS JUST TO WHITE BOYISH FOR MY TASTE,JAY ON THE OTHER HAND,JUST ROCKED ESPECIALLY WITH THE "HEADLINES" IM GLAD HE IS BACK!!!!!!

February 18 2010 at 4:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dnort9

welcome back Jay. lettermans show is a joke. Hes nothing but a political hack. They should replace him with Conan and let the late night wars start.

February 18 2010 at 4:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Puff

He doesn't say which is the new one. --logically the one on the right but logic doesn't always apply here.

February 18 2010 at 4:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
draigathar64

I don't think that the logo really matters. I guess they are changing it in hopes of enticing new viewers to the show. Personally I think Leno was getting rather boring a long time ago. I stopped watching him a good three years ago. It's hard to step into Parrs or Carsons shoes. They were a tough act to follow.

February 18 2010 at 3:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply