November 22, 2014

Another Old Cast Member is Coming Back to 'Lost'

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 18th 2010 11:29AM
LostFans of 'Lost' know that this is the season where a lot of old favorites come back to the show, whether they're dead or not (well, mostly dead).

We've already seen Boone (Ian Somerhalder), Claire (Emilie de Ravin), Helen (Katey Segal), and Juliet (Elizabeth Mitchell - we assumed she died in the season finale last year but she popped up again for a teary goodbye with Sawyer). And now another well-loved character is coming back.

Who? Someone close to one of the characters above...

Entertainment Weekly reports that Maggie Grace has agreed to come back to the show in the role of Shannon, who was killed out several seasons ago. Fans (including me) have been wondering why she wasn't on Oceanic 815 in the alternate timeline (whatever) with her brother Boone in the season premiere. I'm curious to see if there's an actual reason why Shannon wasn't on the flight this time or if it was only because she hadn't agreed to come back to the show yet and they had to work around it.

Then again, Desmond was mysteriously on the plane this time (and then vanished), and he wasn't on the original flight at all, so maybe the writers did it for a reason.

Brandon

I'm glad to see that Maggie Grace is coming back to "Lost!" She was never one of my favorite former regulars (I liked Boone and Charlie better), but it's good to see that the show is paying homage to its first season and bringing back characters we haven't seen in a while. It'll be interesting to see how Shannon and Boone's storyline(s) will be different in the flash-sideways.

February 23 2010 at 11:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nico toscani

You Lost fanboys/girls are a strange bunch. You must like getting slapped in the face, because that's what the writers of this show have been doing to you since the start of season 3. Do you REALLY think they are going to answer your questions? Haven't you noticed that even though this season's tag line is "no more questions", they keep raising MORE questions. I am SO sure that the very last 5 minutes of the very last episode they will answer EVERYTHING. Denial is a powerful thing...

February 21 2010 at 2:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary J

Thanks Jonathan. It's coming back to me now. It just hit me when Shannon got killed.

February 21 2010 at 12:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary J

Maybe everyone forgot but when Shannon and the guy she was messing around with at the time were being buried, her hand moved just before the first shovel of dirt was thrown in. She wasn't dead! I had forgotten about it until it was brought up that someone was coming back. I wondered about it at the time but it was never addressed back then and so it was forgotten.

February 20 2010 at 7:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Mary J's comment
Jonathan

That wasn't Shannon, it was Nikki and Paulo. They got bit by a spider that paralyzed them. They appeared to be dead, (but weren't) and were buried alive.

February 20 2010 at 8:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MassMan10

I'm just glad that "LOST" is over. Horrible show!...:-(

February 20 2010 at 6:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to MassMan10's comment
Callean

I just think that they named this show appropriately as I AM LOST!!!!!

February 20 2010 at 7:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ed

If you recall Ben had already been shot by Sayid and taken to the temple before the bomb was detonated. So to see Ben in the teachers lounge not appearing to be evil leads me to believe that the coming battle that has been foretold will have more to do with resetting the timeline that the bomb going off at the Swan Station.

February 20 2010 at 5:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
selrahc

One thing to remember is the alternate time line begins back in the 1970's when the bomb went off, not with the flight. In the new reality anything can be different from the original. Desmond could be on the plane because he wouldn't have been on the island pushing the button. Who knows what other changes could have taken place. Ben and Ethan would have completely different lives and other people could have lives just slightly changed, like Shannon.

February 20 2010 at 4:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
the one

BRING BACK EKO

February 20 2010 at 3:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sean

Don't forget we got to see Charlie again too. I hope there's more of him as he's my favorite character.

February 20 2010 at 3:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
james

Ben and Ethan are in the real world in the alternate timeline because the island is sunken in that reality, also, Maggie Grace does have fantastic legs!

February 20 2010 at 3:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply