December 19, 2014

'Past Life' Canceled

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 19th 2010 1:23PM
Past LifeFOX has canceled the new show 'Past Life.' Anyone who is shocked by this news please raise your hands and form a line on that side of the room.

This is one of those shows that you just knew was doomed before it even aired the first episode. It got horrible reviews, it was a midseason thing, it didn't get any buzz, it seemed like a copy of other shows that have been on recently, and it was on FOX. When the show premiered FOX should have run promos that said, "don't miss next week's premiere of the short-lived new series 'Past Life!'" The remaining episodes will be shown later this year some time.

FOX will show new episodes of 'Kitchen Nightmares' for the next few weeks in place of 'Past Life.' Now fans you just have to wait for the complete series box set to come out. Now let's get Richard Schiff on a better show.

Pat

Personally, I loved the show. I believe in reincarnation. However, I found it a little absurd that people were reincarnating the year they died or soon afterward. But I could live with that. After all, I knew it wasn't a documentary.

I thought the characters worked well together. They had chemistry, and given a chance, we would have seen them become more cohesive and I think it would have been a really good team.

If this comes out on DVD I'll definitely buy the season they had filmed.

However, due to the quick way FOX pulled this without even giving it a chance, I will not be that excited about any new shows they put on the air. In fact, I'll probably wait six months or so to see if the show survived before I even take a look.

Who wants to become invested in a new show just to have it yanked?

Bad move FOX!

March 03 2010 at 3:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DEE

I loved "Past Lives" and I also love "Ghost Whisperer" but I would never watch a show named "Kitchen Nightmares" Where did they get this stupid story line anyway? It seems there just isn't anything good on anymore unless you are under 50 or brain dead.

February 25 2010 at 8:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Europa

" Ben said...
Curling is just on NBC's cable networks it isn't on in Primetime."

Maybe in your area but I'm pretty sure they've shown some curling on my local NBC affiliate. The local news even had segments on local reporters trying out the sport. Riveting. :-/

And it's not just FOX all of the networks seem to have given up on new/original programming during the two weeks of the Olympics. I think it's a missed opportunity to gain new viewers for some shows. Normally Feb is a sweeps month. Anyway, I've been using these two weeks to catch up on re-watching some DVDs. Silver lining I guess.

February 23 2010 at 9:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bobby

They probably canceled because it deals with reincarnation and past life regression. Which is totally not religious and against the church. But hey, they have NO stones just like many others that dont want to take on the scam called religion....

February 21 2010 at 10:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phil Bittle

You mean that FOX has actually reached the bottom level of the gullibility of their viewers ... ! I never would have believed it.

February 21 2010 at 8:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
deb

I am really surprised to hear this. I really liked the show. Fox is making a mistake....just like they did cancelling MAD TV.

February 21 2010 at 8:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jpuzzlewhiz

Oops, I'm sorry: that first paragraph of mine should have read, "...ANYONE who posts anything with even one misspelled word on these boards". My apologies for the error. I never claimed to be perfect, either. But at least I try, apparently unlike a lot of the posters here who don't give a rat's tush as to whether their posts make any sense or not.

February 21 2010 at 8:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PEPPA

GOOD !
LOVE KITCHEN NIGHTMARES.

February 21 2010 at 8:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jpuzzlewhiz

I wish Congress would order the World Wide Web to create technology that, when someone, ANYONE who posts anything on these boards, sends out an electrical charge that permanently destroys the poster's computer.

Also, that person should be barred from using a computer until he/she takes a MANDATORY course in basic spelling. Honestly, the spelling I'm seeing on this board is so horrendous that the schools you all went to should be permanently shut down as a punishment for allowing you all to graduate. And you all know who you are!

February 21 2010 at 8:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jpuzzlewhiz's comment
Ben

Spelling and grammer is overrated Joel and I don't want Gov telling me that I can't use a computer just because you don't like someones spelling and I write pretty good. You most not like Past Life that was what it's about not about people's spelling.

February 22 2010 at 3:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sinfoomein

I really like Past Life. It never fails every time I find a show I like it gets booted. Who is the "people" that the shows are made for? Certainly not me. I use to like Ghost Whisperer but find it getting mundane. Yes, Jim calls himself Jim now. I think when we added five years to the show, the other guy disappeared! Oh well...

February 21 2010 at 7:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply