September 18, 2014

Sackhoff to Star in ABC Crime Drama

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 22nd 2010 12:31PM
Katee SackhoffKatee Sackhoff has been a real workhorse on TV shows. God, that sounds terrible, but what I mean is that she has become one of those TV stars you can always count on. She's had a recurring role on many of the big shows of the past five years: 'Battlestar Galactica,' 'Nip/Tuck,' 'Bionic Woman,' and had a rather big guest role on 'Big Bang Theory.' She's currently co-starring on '24' but who knows what's going to happen to her character since she has just signed to headline her own show.

Sackhoff will star in a new pilot for ABC, a crime drama about a detective who teams up with an ex-cop, according to The Hollywood Reporter. They investigate crimes and also try to figure out who drove him off the force. All crime shows now have to have an underlying story, a conspiracy, a myth arc to get people tuning in week after week to see if they solve the bigger mystery.

Justin

You know, not that her role on 24 is bad, it's just that the role is ok. I just started watching this season, so I don't know if she's been in past seasons, but I think she has a pretty good role in 24.

February 22 2010 at 8:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LC

I didn't think a 24 side plot would ever make me long for the Kim Bauer in danger side plots, but the redneck ex being unwillingly aided by the lead data analyst of CTU , who somehow hid her criminal past from the anti terrorist agency, is the worst plot this show has ever had.

I'm hoping the three of them off themselves tonight and the show can focus more on the main plot. There is enough side plot with the failed coup attempt on that Middle Eastern president to satisfy me this season.

February 22 2010 at 6:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shadow26

this show sounds like a cross between Life and Burn Notice.

February 22 2010 at 4:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

I second killing her off tonight. Yes she is a good actress when you need to cast a bad ass chick, but on 24 she was miscast and her plotline just sucks in general.

February 22 2010 at 3:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

A workhouse?

Is that some sort of prison release program I'm unfamiliar with, Bob?

Not that it'd be any more flattering, but workhorse would at least make some sense........ ;)

February 22 2010 at 2:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy_MO

Hopefully the new series, if picked up, will utilize this talented actress better than her current pathetic, boring plot on 24.

February 22 2010 at 1:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eirik

Wait, can't we just bring "Life" back? Sounds like almost the same show.

February 22 2010 at 12:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rico1204

They should make her a detective novel author!...ohh wait...

February 22 2010 at 12:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply