September 15, 2014

The First Lady Summons 'Glee' to the White House

by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 22nd 2010 9:31PM
glee_white_gloves_foxWhen the White House calls, you sorta, kinda, have to rearrange the schedule and make room for a command performance. That's what's going on with Fox's hit show, 'Glee.' The First Lady and the First Daughters are big fans of 'Glee' and, according to Michael Ausiello in Entertainment Weekly, 'Glee's' been asked sing at the White House Easter Egg hunt on April 5. So despite the shooting schedule, they're going to rework things to meet the Obamas.

The 'Glee' singers are hot, hot, hot... and you can just see how Sasha and Malia are their target demographics, can't you? Michelle, too. Frankly, they don't need the eggs to get the White House rolling. "Don't Stop Believin'" will do the trick just fine.

By the way, 'Glee' returns with new shows on April 13. In addition to knowing that there will be an all-Madonna music episode, we've heard there will also be a new nemesis for Sue Sylvester played by Molly Shannon, and if you think it'll be clear sailing for Will and Emma, think again.

According to E! Online, Terri is not out of Will's life by a long shot. Jessalyn Gilsig who plays Terri told the network that Emma is not much competition for her character, "I'm not going anywhere. You think that's enough to get rid of Terri? That's just a minor glitch in her determination to get him back. That's not enough to throw me off, no way. Have you seen that redhead? I could take her like that. I'm definitely not giving up without another fight."

Is it April 13th yet? I'm having 'Glee' withdrawal.

danzillo4

What would this non church going duo know about Easter!

February 24 2010 at 5:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ruthsgardens

The link said summoned fox's cast to the white house.Didn't say anything about Glee.As always ,very misleading.I should have known the Obamas didn't have the gonads to invite fox to the whitehouse.They are the only ones who haven't been brain screwed yet.

February 24 2010 at 3:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Digi

Here wo go again Michelle Obama exploting her position as she has done from day 1. now shes barking people around> Sure, they wont say anything about it but who knows what they had plans to do but have to drop at a dime cause "They like the show and want to see it LIVE in their own house". This strongly reminds me of a dictatorship more and more.

Michelle Obama is a joke. Spends mad amounts of money on deisgner dresses then BRAGS about it to the press. LOOK LADY, you aint done SH!T. IN 3 more years you arent gona be remembered for nothing but how good it was before and after your appearence.

February 23 2010 at 10:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Digi's comment
AZLionQueen

I'm just amazed at people who attack the First Lady. She doesn't pay for her wardrobe, it is DONATED by the designers. ALL First Ladies have this done for them. So quit acting like you are appalled at a cost that is ZERO.
Secondly, they are going to sing at the White House EASTER EGG HUNT! Not a dinner! Are you that dense? Do you not READ?

February 23 2010 at 11:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Saiyjah

Obviously you know NOTHING about the history and traditions of the First Lady in the United States, but Michelle Obama has been nothing less than what is completely expected of her according to traditions of this country.
Do some homework. Check out the kind of people that have come to the White House in the past for other First Families. Check out what previous First Ladies have done with their time in the White House.
As far as I can see, Michelle Obama is doing nothing more than inviting the cast of a show to the biggest opportunity of their lives.

February 23 2010 at 11:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ron

Don D, you must be one of the most patient people in the world! It only took over 200 years of these "shameful" dinners for you to get tired of paying for them. Or are you one of these folks who is just tired of B.O. having the dinners while it was perfectly acceptable when the prez belongs to the other political party? Just curious.

February 23 2010 at 9:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vickie

this show is great...I love all the characters......different twist to highschool shows.....

February 23 2010 at 6:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bev

SUMMONED?????????????????????????

February 23 2010 at 5:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to bev's comment
phil

Summoned? I thought he may have summoned the cast of Fox News. Now that...would be News.

February 23 2010 at 7:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeff

thats what we all thought at first.

February 24 2010 at 1:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
trmnatr2

Its sad but you couldnt get their own family to let them in their house.Some are dangerous,or have severe mental problems.I can see why they cant be allowed in the whitehouse.(veterans)

February 23 2010 at 4:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David S.

I don't watch the show, as I feel I am too old, but I know of plenty of folks who do watch it. Hell, even my very conservative friend watches it! I love how he refers to the "open homosexual" on the show -- LMAO.....

February 23 2010 at 1:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisbeth

I LOVE Glee and I saw Lea Michelle on Broadway in Spring Awakening 16 TIMES!!!!!

Youtube her.

I can't wait till April!

February 23 2010 at 1:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sir Yuck-Yuck

a visit to the White House seems much more better than that Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade that they were booted from by NBC don't ya think ?

February 23 2010 at 12:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply