Perez Hilton Lobbies For Simon Cowell's Job on 'Idol'

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 24th 2010 11:32AM
Even though this video was done for Funny or Die, I have no doubt that Perez Hilton really would like to replace Simon Cowell on 'American Idol.' I don't think that's going to happen, but if it does, that's the moment that 'Idol' becomes unwatchable. Hilton is a cancer on the American pop culture landscape. Is this what passes for humor now?

[via The Wrap]

Lamwis

Such a fame kiss ass- can't stand him.

February 25 2010 at 3:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mitch

I think that the New Judge, should be someone in the Music Industry. If I had a say, I would choose either Phil Collins or Barry Manilow. Phil has stopped recording for several years now and said that he will not go on tour again. Manilow is very "Loved" throughout the industry, and would make an excellent choice for an Idol Judge.
Too bad that the two were not considered for the job.

February 25 2010 at 2:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gossipboy

#KEEPPEREZOFFIDOL We have to step it up! Sign the petition!!! http://bit.ly/baNAKs

February 25 2010 at 1:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AMP

I hope he gets it. It will mean that finally the national nightmare that is AI will finally come to an end.

February 25 2010 at 12:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dave

Mark, your comments are brilliant....I am gay and I am still laughing out loud rather than vomiting...lol

February 25 2010 at 9:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dave

If that freak gets near AM IDOL, I for one will never watch any of it again...the show is already doomed with talk of Howard Stern and now this thing.
Say what you will about Paula Abdul but when Idol started the 4 judge roster it ruined the show. It is obvious there is tension on the show this year, Simon is more bored than ever and shows it whenever he is on.
Kara and Randy do what they can to give it some believeabilty but Idol has lost it's edge. Anyone notice that the groupt this year that was so outstanding on their own in auditions has become frightened and over made up and over guided by the producers already. The first performances this week were not even as good as the auditions and it is all because of the way they get "handled " I think. Patti LaBelle had great advice for them online yesterday...she suggested they have nothing to lose by just singing the way they want, the way it got them on the show and not the way the producers and judges want them now.

February 25 2010 at 9:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Doris m. Koch

well after last nights ''guys round'', I think all the judges
should be replaced. You'd think all the people they
auditioned, they could have found better singers! I did
not hear ANY of them I'd vote for, and there were very
few girls!

February 25 2010 at 9:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark

Hahahahahahahahaha ROFLMAO Im a Gay Male and hearing that Douchebag speak makes me want to Vomit ,Hes Hatefull,Spitefull and for what ever Reason is Considered a Celebrity ?!?He is an Obvious Paris Hilton Wannabee.. I would Rather see Paris Hilton in a Bikini washing a Bentley and eating a Carls Jr Burger in all of her Bony ass Splendor than Perez Hilton eeww can you Imagine ??!! Perez Hilton in a Bikini Eating a Carls JR Burger ,Double order on both Burger and Fries of course Lets say Washing down a YUGO at the Carwash hahahaha .. Sorry for the Horrifying Visual I hope I didnt make anyone Ill ...Cee Uou Next Tuesday Perez hahahaha

February 25 2010 at 9:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
iris

has everyone forgotten that this is a musical talent contest? shouldn't someone be considered who at least has a musical background? So far I am not impressed with ED as a judge; again, no musical background except that she likes music. This is probably AI's last year with me watching and I may not make it to the end

February 25 2010 at 9:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply