August 23, 2014

Terry O'Quinn is Shopping Around a New Show with Michael Emerson

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 25th 2010 3:01PM
Terry O'QuinnWould you watch a 'Lost' spinoff? Not one that would focus still on the island (perhaps with different castaways) but one that took a couple of characters and gave them new lives and new jobs in another city? Terry O'Quinn is shopping one around that would star him and Michael Emerson (Ben).

The show's tentative title is 'I'm Ben, He's Locke!' and it would feature the two men living a completely different life off of the island. The two find themselves divorced, living in New York City, and various circumstances bring them together as roommates. Can two divorced men who used to live on a mysterious island and traveled through time and later one was taken over by a smoke monster and the other one killed his rival share an apartment, without driving each other crazy?

OK, all of that's a lie. The story that O'Quinn is shopping around is about two hit men who live in the suburbs who have to keep their secret lives hidden from their families while dealing with various problems both domestic and professional. Hey, I'd watch that. O'Quinn and Emerson are two of the best actors on TV right now.

Camkid

Two thumbs up! I love these two actors and their interaction with each other, they really do have chemistry! I'd watch.

February 26 2010 at 2:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan H

I love what O'Quinn and Emerson are doing on lost...they are the best part of the best show in the history of television. But I would have had trouble tuning in to that fake show about them sharing an apartment together (sounded worse than reading yellow pages!) I was getting really scared reading that article. But I would definitely check out what they are actually doing. It does sound a little derivative...hopefully they can get a creative writer for the show.

February 26 2010 at 8:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Picviewer

Yeah I can see a new Odd Couple show with them. Matthau & Lemmon, Klugman & Randall and now O'Quinn & Emerson. And not to typecast them Emerson could pull the Oscar roll off with O'Quinn as Felix.

February 26 2010 at 3:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Picviewer's comment
GreenTara

I LOVE IT. :)

March 22 2010 at 2:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MIPtalk

Seems a bit derivative like a cross between Mr. and Mrs. Smith and that crap-fest with Christian Slater called My Own Worst Enemy.

That said, I too would watch these dudes read the yellow pages.

February 25 2010 at 7:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BC McKinney

Sounds a little like the movie 'Friends & Family', except I'm guessing these characters won't be gay.

February 25 2010 at 5:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bruce

How about a weekly half-hour show where Emerson reads nursery rhymes in his creepy voice with his big eyes sticking out (like he did on Conan that one time... or at least I think it was Conan). I'd seriously watch that. I'd also check out any show that O'Quinn is in, though he couldn't pull off the nursery rhyme act.

Please no more cop shows, though.

February 25 2010 at 4:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Abed

Sayid needs his own secret agent/spy show.

February 25 2010 at 4:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phil

Locke should be sloppy and Ben extremely neat and you can call the show "The Rod Couple."

February 25 2010 at 4:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ctunightfall

Can this be a sitcom with Ben and John running a restaurant? This sounds vaguely familiar...

February 25 2010 at 4:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
scott

"Hitmen of a Certain Age"

I could get behind that...

February 25 2010 at 3:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply