July 31, 2014

'Family Guy' is Keeping the FCC Busy

by Brad Trechak, posted Feb 26th 2010 11:00AM
Family GuyLet it be known that Seth MacFarlane is doing his patriotic duty. He is keeping Americans employed by running 'Family Guy', the television program that generates more FCC complaints than any other.

Remember when 'The Simpsons' was the most controversial show on television? Now it seems tame by comparison to a plethora of others. Of course, now 'Family Guy' will set the standard for the future in terms of crudeness.

Mind you, the FCC only investigates complaints about network channels (the ones that can be seen for free). So programs like 'South Park' and 'Jersey Shore' are safe ... for now.

And what sort of depraved and immoral activities will the animated sitcom of the future hold? Will it have baby eating? Sex with vegetables? Politics? Whatever the lowest common denominator program of the future is, the only guarantee that can be certain in the future is that it will be shown on Fox.

Trish

I think the Family Guy show is hilarious. Pushing the boundaries...absoutely!! On or over the edge sometimes?? Definitely...

But hey, it's not for kids..and if you don't like to watch it, pick up the remote and shut it off!!

February 28 2010 at 6:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kmac

the fcc needs to regualte on the liars beck and rush? WOW. How about they regulate our liar and chief and his staff, people who haven't told the truth since day 1.

February 28 2010 at 5:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mikeydub

Right on, Jas!!

February 28 2010 at 5:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mikeydub

I am sick and tired of people trying to tell me and others what I should watch, wear, feel, accept, eat, drink, listen to, etc, etc, etc. If you don't have the common sense to regulate YOUR families TV viewing, what makes you think you can regulate mine and everyone else.
If you don't like something, don't watch, listen, read, or acknowlege. Just stick your head in the sand, and leave us free thinking, intelligent, confident in ourselves people alone.

February 28 2010 at 4:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jas

You call Family Guy and Fox the lowest common denominator because FG actually takes on controversial topics and refuses to back down in the name of political correctness? That's what I gathered from the article. It's been my experience that most of the people who "complain" about Family Guy either have never actually watched a full episode or they just aren't smart enough or enough in-tune with current events to get the jokes. Family Guy is free speech at its finest! There are a lot of tough issues handled on FG and they are presented in a way that actually makes most of us laugh. The lowest common denominator in this country has to be the hypocritical masses that bash a show like Family Guy while promoting garbage like American Idol and nutcases like the octomom. Don't call Family Guy "tasteless" just because you're too stupid to get the jokes! It's about time something came on the air that didn't bow to political correctness to the point of ridiculousness. As for the "baby eating," if there was a wave of baby eating going on in this country, you can bet Family Guy will address it and show us all that the world doesn't have to be so serious all the time. I like non-PC stuff. I want to be able to say black, midget, retarded, gay, crazy and psycho; without having some liberal nutjob like this "reporter," and I use the term very loosely, breathing down my neck telling me that I have to change what I'm saying because someone might be offended. I'm a Mescalero Apache by birht, aptly read: I'm a damn Injun and that's just fine by me.

February 28 2010 at 4:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bob

family guy is a comedy watch it or not - who cares.
the fcc should investigate the lying evil scum that
poison peoples minds like limbaugh & beck

February 28 2010 at 4:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
M.A.Korman

If anyone finds a program offensive they can easily change the channel.
How can anyone complain about programs,nothing is more obnoxious than all the new ads for male and female products. At least the programs are entertaining but the ads are just disgusting.

February 28 2010 at 2:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
diane h

You can't even stop commentings about opinions on here so dont say just dont look. That's being hypocritical.

February 28 2010 at 1:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
charles almon

The show is and has always been just awful.

The humor, if you can call it that is just a juvenile attempt to get attention, like a 3-year old yelling 'doody'.

February 28 2010 at 1:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
susan

Ever heard of the remote control? Use it if you dont like it! Thats what its for.

February 28 2010 at 1:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply