September 2, 2014

Have a Question for Tom Papa of 'The Marriage Ref?' Ask It Here!

by Joel Keller, posted Feb 26th 2010 6:02PM
Tom Papa of 'The Marriage Ref'We have a fun treat coming up for our next episode of The TV Squad Podcast: Tom Papa, host of NBC's new series 'The Marriage Ref,' will be joining us for some talk about his show and some of the interesting arguments he's had to mediate.

But Papa's an interesting guy: He's been on the stand-up circuit forever, and has friends in high places, including 'Marriage Ref' executive producer Jerry Seinfeld. So if you want to ask him questions about being buds with Jerry, some of the people who have gone on 'Ref' (including Alec Baldwin), or why he's credited as a "writer" on an episode of 'Jon & Kate Plus 8,' ask them here.

Leave your questions in the comments and we'll relay them to Papa during the podcast. We'll even give you credit for any question we use. So, ask away below. Any question we get in before we record the podcast on Tuesday at around 5 PM ET will be eligible.

(UPDATE 3/2/10: We decided to postpone this podcast due to Tom's tough schedule and some other fun stuff going on on my end. He'll join us soon.)

Margo

How do I become a member of Tom Papa's fan club? It is very refreshing to see such original and unoffensive humor delivered by such a handsome and talented man! He is a class act! So many comedians these days try to pass off insults and crass observations as being funny, but not Tom Papa (or Jerry seinfeld, for that matter). The new show, The Marriage Ref, is hilarious! Clever idea, great panel of guests, and excellent control of the whole program by Tom. Wish it was on more than once a week!

March 13 2010 at 8:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Margo's comment
michelle

You are obviously his mother.

March 13 2010 at 8:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kevin Papa

Tom Papa is absolutely horrible on the Marriage Ref. Unfunny + Annoying, really, really bad.

March 07 2010 at 6:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TomPapaHater

Why Is Tom Papa so unfunny

March 04 2010 at 10:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tere

My question is...what made you think this show is funny?
How could JERRY think this was funny?
Especially, what made you think MADONNA is EVER funny?
Also, the advertising (esp. earlier on) was very misleading, seeming like Jerry was the host. I bet we'll hardly ever see Jerry, if at all.

March 02 2010 at 1:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bo3b

Yeah. This show was awful.

March 01 2010 at 5:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Austin

I am just concerned to see Alec Baldwin on this show since we have heard about so many situations where he was not a role model in his own marriage and home life. I think they should reserve these celebrity guests for those that are a positive example.

February 26 2010 at 10:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bo3b

Yes...I have a question. Why are you doing such an idiotic boring, unimaginative retread of a show and why is THIS what Jerry Seinfeld is wasting his talent and return to television on?

Ok..that was two questions.

February 26 2010 at 6:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Bo3b's comment
Joel Keller

Oh, that'll be the *first* question I ask him! And exactly the way you phrased it!

Then again, I probably won't.

February 26 2010 at 6:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bo3b

Ok, fine. *LOL* I realize that was a little harsh, but c'mon...am I wrong here? Was this really what we were expecting Jerry Seinfeld to do as his big return?

Obviously, I'm already underwhelmed.

February 26 2010 at 9:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply