July 24, 2014

Sneak Peek: the New 'Doctor Who'

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 26th 2010 11:29AM
How many Doctor Whos have there been over the years, anyway? The newest is Matt Smith, and I mean newest in two ways. He's the latest guy to play the Doctor and he's also the youngest to play him (he's 27). Here's a preview of the new season, which starts on BBC America on April 17.

[via scifiwire.com]

keithslough

They change TOO OFTEN....I am just now getting used to David Tennant. I am wondering if Tennant quit -- due to boredom -- or the producers just stupidly change these guys too often. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Keith Slough

February 28 2010 at 10:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alexander A. Norman

I miss David already also...although I will give the kid a chance, after all isn't that what the doctor stands for. As long as we're not lulled back into the androginist '80s. Can a Doctor be reborn ? At the right price ? (smile) I wonder if Tom would have put back on his hat and scarf ? We'll never know...but time is fluid, isn't it ? Long live the Doctor, one of the few things I have to look forward these days. May he reign forever.

February 28 2010 at 1:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Alexander A. Norman's comment
RobynM

I don't know if Tom can be convinced to put on the old hat and scarf for an episode, but signs are encouraging. He recently did a series of five audio plays as The Doctor for BBC Audiobooks, and also did a two-part interview with Doctor Who Magazine. Perhaps his fairly well-known reluctance to continue being associated with the part is finally starting to mellow.

March 01 2010 at 5:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wish Belkin

Good and cheesey, the way it was meant to be.
I like the Tom Baker episodes, but I'm old.
Looking forward to the new series.

February 28 2010 at 12:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phamser

Considering tenth was suffering "radiation poisoning" at the end of the of "end of time" and tried to forced a delay of the renegeration... if like the last time something had genetic effect that forced the doctor to regenerate (Think it was 5th to 6th doctor) I'm expecting a not do good doctor since if history repeats themself, the new doctor will not be very popular, egotistic, etc. by the "poisoning"...

February 27 2010 at 11:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DeeWiz77

The new doctor is ugly, why did they change the doctor? Were people getting bored?

February 27 2010 at 10:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to DeeWiz77's comment
wiltedlilygirl

...you understand the premise of the show, right?

February 27 2010 at 10:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stella

David Tennant will always be my Doctor!

February 27 2010 at 8:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
amdchip

Dr. Who is always evolving. For me, it is the best SI-FI around. It always has an interesting story line and at times a heart warming touch. Tom Baker is, of course, the best of the Doctors. I hope, some day, there is a replay of all the Dr. Who's with Tom as the Dr.

February 27 2010 at 8:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to amdchip's comment
Wish Belkin

"Tom Baker is, of course, the best of the Doctors."
_______________________________________

You can get all the Tom Baker episodes from NetFlix.

February 28 2010 at 12:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angela

I miss David Tennant. I thought he was one of the best.

February 27 2010 at 7:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Louann

...I am with Kris.. I love David Tennant and Tom Baker.. but I am always willing to give a new Dr a try.. I have been watching for over 20years.. Has always been a great series for my children and myself to watch as they were growing up.. and now my sister watches.. only took her 20years...

February 27 2010 at 6:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gangakris

David Tennant and Tom Baker are my faves. Looking forward to the 11th Doctor. I love the fact that The doctor keeps getting younger as his regenerations run out (I think he has 2 left but that Doctor/Donna thing may have used one). Doctor Who is the longest running show in Sci-Fi history, here's to the hope Matt Smith will do it justice.

February 27 2010 at 6:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply