April 17, 2014

'Boondocks' Season Three Premieres in May

by Danny Gallagher, posted Feb 27th 2010 9:00AM
BoondocksIt's been more than three years since 'The Boondocks' invaded my TV, and now they are coming back for seconds. Well, thirds.

Aaron McGruder, creator of 'The Boondocks' comic strip and animated Adult Swim series, said on his Twitter page that the show will premiere its third season on May 2.

Last December, McGruder, who also serves as the show's executive producer, announced that a third season was in the works but he could not confirm the airdate.

Drex

Great show, I'm glad it's coming back.. Boondocks is an equal opportunity offender, people need to get over it..

I started reading his comics after I was introduced to the TV show and the comics just aren't as good IMO.. I shouldn't have bought three huge books off the bat thinking they would be the same as the show..

March 01 2010 at 11:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mojo Jones

Only the feeble minded would watch this show. Racism is racism no matter who is doing the put downs.

February 28 2010 at 9:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
what\'s in a name

only the mentally challenged would see this cartoon as racist.

February 28 2010 at 5:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anita

I'm a little concerned that anshizhenaia, samgreen and xinzaitiaodong
within a short time span and commented out the positive
feedback on the show, which I, unfortunately replicated and apologies,
all. I hope these are not false accounts.

I firmly believe in TVSquad giving users the ability to 'vote' down
obnoxious comments. However, I'm a slightly concerned that someone used
that to ill purposes here and deliberately marked the non-flamecentric
comments, while leaving alone the spurious racially spuriousderogatory or the slightly unrelated ones. The purpose of the comments is to allow people to leave constructive criticisms, to interact, and to coherently articulate their disagreements. And, I'm a little disappointed if a few people are possibly misusing the system -

February 28 2010 at 3:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kgdug

I never thought of it as racial when I watched it, but it just wan not funny to me. The little kid got on my nerves with his attitude. Sorry, but Family Guy, South Park, Robot Chicken, Birdman, Ventura Brothers, and most others on Adult Swim are the best toons.

February 28 2010 at 1:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lizzy

FINALLY. YES.

February 28 2010 at 12:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Richard Ott

What's next, a Beavis & Butthead and Daria resurrection?

February 28 2010 at 11:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TonyS

Seems nobody has ever read this comic strip. I find it to be an anti white people soap box that is only protected in doing this by a bias liberal media. Spoon fed hate speech if put on the other side of the race spectrum would never fly.

February 28 2010 at 9:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to TonyS's comment
Larry

At last! Great show, glad to see it return.

February 28 2010 at 8:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply