July 29, 2014

'Battlestar's' Park Lands on 'Hawaii Five-0' Remake

by Brad Trechak, posted Mar 1st 2010 10:02AM
Tricia Helfer and Grace ParkGrace Park seems to have a thing for television remakes. She shot to fame as Boomer on 'Battlestar Galactica' and now she's going to have a role on the new 'Hawaii Five-0' on CBS. Granted, in between the two roles she also appeared on 'The Cleaner' on A&E with Benjamin Bratt.

She's not the only ex-'Battlestar' babe to keep working. Tricia Helfer now has a steady gig on 'Dark Blue'. Katee Sackhoff just got cast on an unnamed ABC pilot (and had a memorable appearance on 'The Big Bang Theory'). Given both of their statuses on 'Battlestar' as ageless Cylons, it's even conceivable that down the road Park or Helfer will show up on the prequel series.

For those 'Lost' fans, 'Hawaii Five-0' also stars Daniel Dae Kim.

With the addition of Grace Park, are you planning on watching the remake of 'Hawaii Five-0'? Were you planning on watching it anyway?

Patty

I loved the original. I love the idea of a beautiful Hawaiian lady on the 5-0 team. Grace Park is a perfect choice, and I can't wait to see it.
However, I think they should have used a different name than Kono (the big Hawaiian man on the original).

May 19 2010 at 7:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cylb

I'm looking forward to the new Hawaii Five-0 but Grace Park as Kono??.....this is going to be the greatest leap of faith I have with the series being re-cast.

March 10 2010 at 10:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
casett22000

Katee Sackoff is on 24. Not exactly unemployed.

March 01 2010 at 10:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to casett22000's comment
Jake

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. And I also liked her on Bionic Woman (she was about the only thing good about that show, other than Michelle Ryan's using her native British accent during one episode...).

March 02 2010 at 2:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bo3b

...who spend most of their time making out?

Just sayin'. LOL

March 01 2010 at 5:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Leslye

I was planning on watching *Hawaii Five-0* anyway, but liked Grace Park on *The Cleaner*. I loved this show when it originally aired and am excited about the remake. I just hope CBS does it justice and gives it time to catch on.

March 01 2010 at 2:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy_MO

It's a shame Helfer is ending up on the lame Dark Blue. Her work on BSG and Burn Notice proved she's a great actress, and an underrated one. Maybe she'll class up Dark Blue. It could use something, that's for sure.

March 01 2010 at 12:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
m.

Yay for Grace!!...my favorite actress/character on BSG(LOVED Boomer, Athena/Helo) and I was also already planning on watching the Hawaii 5-0 remake (loved the original curious to see what they will do with the remake) so Grace on the show is definetly cool, and a great reason to watch.

March 01 2010 at 11:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Willmore2000

Grace Park was amazing on BSG and that's still not enough to get me to watch this piece of crap remake.

March 01 2010 at 10:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply