October 24, 2014

CNN's Rick Sanchez Freaks Out During Earthquake Coverage

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 1st 2010 1:31PM
Is there a worse news anchor than Rick Sanchez on TV right now? I can't think of one. He's over the top, arrogant, pushy, massively exploitative, and just unwatchable. I truly can't even listen to his voice. The tone, the cadence, the delivery... It makes me vomit a little bit in my mouth when he's on. I certainly don't want to have a "national conversation" with him. Thank God Shep Smith is on at the same time.

Here's Sanchez during the Chile earthquake coverage a few days ago. Savor the moment when he actually yells at the expert he has brought on. I think Jacqui Jerras just wants to get off camera somehow and hide in her office.

[via Gawker]

claude wagner

The swine is pushing Goldline like his friend and no doubt mentor Glen Beck?

May 25 2010 at 4:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
thea schlosser

RICK SANCHEZ,is just what the news media needs .
He is real ,great reporter ,and loves to inform peple ,like no one else.

March 23 2010 at 2:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
person

Does he really not know what a meter is? Is this guy the most massive douche on the planet? Man, I'm glad he's on at a time when I'm not watching t.v.-ugh.

March 16 2010 at 7:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JackieD

Whoever hired this guy should be fired along with him. He would be a good fit on Fox.

March 16 2010 at 4:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phyllis

I had no idea so many others had problems with Rick Sanchez. Today he was interviewing a newscaster about the many health care phone calls to the White House. He asked her if the calls were against health care bill. She responded 'yeah', and continued talking. But it was not made clear that was truly the topic of the phone calls, and how she knew that. I agree he gives CNN a bad name. Hopefully soon he will relocate to Fox News. I also have to change the channel, but worry about how he unfairly influences whoever is watching. For now, I am watching MSNBC.

March 16 2010 at 3:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dennis

oh please, stop making all this about "latino-ness" I am latino; I hate his guts. He is certified moron with a huge ego. le apesta mas la cara que el culo

March 06 2010 at 7:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LU

John Stewart has the best commentary on Rick Sanchez and this very same footage.

March 05 2010 at 10:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Judy Johnson

I don't see your problems with Rick Sanchez. He was just trying to pin down that scientist and get him to clarify what he was saying. In other words, "Does this equal that?" The answer, finally, was no...that just because there'd been a 27 ft. drop in the ocean, it would not result in 27 ft. waves hitting Hawaii. People are so justifiably terrified of tsunamis that the people we see on TV news have to speak accurately!

March 05 2010 at 7:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I am not a fan of his at all. I used to like FOX News. I quit cold turkey the day they hired karl rove. Then they brought that terrible excuse for a governor sarah palin in and I will never watch again. I liked Shep, I like the way they put the news out, but I cannot forgive hiring two despicable people like that when what they have done is so well known and reported. Some of it even on FOX. I watch CNN and MSNBC.

March 04 2010 at 1:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to David's comment
Larry

This has nothing to do with FOX News, whatsoever.

But, hey, thanks for sharing.

March 05 2010 at 11:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

What a clown. Standing there with his index finger touching his lips like he is pondering his next important question. This guy really takes himself way too seriously.

March 03 2010 at 1:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply