April 20, 2014

How'd You Like To See A 'Burn Notice'/'White Collar' Crossover Episode?

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 2nd 2010 5:30PM
Burn NoticeTV viewers often have "I wonder what would happen if ______ and ______ had a crossover episode?" fantasy. There have been many crossovers, of course. Everything from Jessica Fletcher appearing on 'Magnum, P.I.' to The Green Hornet and Kato appearing on 'Batman' and the recent crossovers we saw on all of the 'CSI' shows. Now 'White Collar' creator Jeff Eastin is talking about a crossover with another USA Network show.

In this conference call with TV critics, Eastin mentions that he'd love to do a crossover episode with 'Burn Notice.' He's friends with 'Burn Notice' creator Matt Nix and they've joked about it, but he might bring it up to USA for the second season (the season finale of 'White Collar' airs next Tuesday).

Eastin mentions on Twitter that tonight's episode was written by a 'Burn Notice' writer and says its the "first WC/BN crossover," which makes me think that more might be in the offing.

Now, would Neal go to Miami or would Michael go to New York City? I think I'd rather see the latter, though both characters have problems with traveling too far from their home base.

E

Absolutely NOT. Love "White Collar" but NOT a fan of "Burn Notice"

March 12 2010 at 8:39 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
John Torrisi

A CROSS OVER is a Great idea, just about any of the USA shows referred to here on the board, can make for a great show, it's all in the story.
Crossing networks, does not happen, unless they're owned in part or whole by the same Owners (like NBC & Syfy).
Crossovers are older than most peeps on this message board, I'm not up to listing them all at the moment. But will later if necesarry.
I've been a Huge Fan of Burn Notice since it's beginning.

It's clever, action packed, great levity and the Character's Chemistry is Ideally created.I am curious to see the mentioned 4 th character, with such great writing It'll be a hit, for certain.
Sadly I haven't seen white collar yet ( please do "boo" me there's only so much time in a day)
**ON POINT___REALISTICALLY, a Cross Overwith BN/WC ( from what I know about the show thus far) is easy matter to solve when referring to Michael getting to NY, ( but sharing that would only be with the writers, contact me;-), it's actually easy, clever and Will Work well, I would also like to see 2- 2 Hour episodes, or 2 90 min eps., it'll make it an epic.l!.
Seriously, if WC is all it sounds to be from all of you, that makes the best sense. A Super-Spy doing good for choice
And out McGyvering Michael?? Do you guy's watch BN? Really, what hasn't Michael been able to do. And the creativity of BN puts it ABOVE the REST, AND Bruce Cambell, he's ready for Anything Mike needs!
For anyone who hasn't seen Burn Notice, waist no time in finding episodes from any season!
Sorry for having expatiated!
CROSSOVER IS INEVITABLE-FOR THOSE WHO'RE SERIOUS, YOU GET IT.
Burn Notice is The Leader here, if inn doubt watch a few episodes, 1 episode does not make for bringing back some viewers, 2 or 3, the characters become your friends, so to speak.
O&O finally ;-D

March 10 2010 at 2:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angel

~~~~???

March 05 2010 at 5:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angel

Its a good plan...

March 05 2010 at 5:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kenpo Kid

Actually there was a crossover of sorts when In Plain Sight's Mary Shannon did a cameo on Law & Order Criminal Intent. She was in town to pick up a protected witness and did a scene where she gave Detective Logan some info pertaining to a case of his involving one of her witnesses.

Crossovers can be cool. They did a few with Law & Order and Homicide. Later Law & Order SVU would actually have a character(Det.Munch) that came from Homicide. I also recall Crossing Jordan and Las Vegas crossing over. One of the best was between The Practice and Allie McBeal.

March 05 2010 at 3:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bill W

We need an NCIS and Bones crossover. Abby and Angie would be the most!

March 04 2010 at 8:35 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
timotey

Hm, why do people keep suggesting Xovers between shows that could never ever happen? Oh, don't get me wrong, seeing a WhiCo/Leverage ep would be great - but it's different cables, peeps! Only shows within the USA network could ever cross over. I just hope that the higher-uppers will greenlight this. It could only benefit both shows.

March 04 2010 at 4:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ricochet

Although BN and Leverage are my favorites of all of the above-mentioned shows, Leverage and WC have more in common; T. Hutton & crew help kid from WC get back stolen painting or jewels and save whoever was framed by the theft in the first place!

March 04 2010 at 2:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
timotey

That would be awesome! I'm an avid fan of White Collar and even though I don't watch Burn Notice (I tried it, it didn't click for me), I still think it's a great idea. I would maybe even start watching BN if I was introduced to it via my favorite show. And it would help both shows' ratings.

March 04 2010 at 1:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Samantha

I would like to see a White Collar and In Plain Sight crossover. Neal and Mary?!?

March 04 2010 at 1:00 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply