October 1, 2014

Valerie Bertinelli Sitcom (with Betty White!) is a Go at TV Land

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 2nd 2010 1:02PM
Betty WhiteBetty White has always been beloved by TV fans, but now she has reached a level of attention she probably never had before. She has hundreds of thousands of fans on Facebook who want her to host 'Saturday Night Live,' she's a guest on '30 Rock,' and she made a cameo last night on Leno's first night back behind the 'Tonight Show' desk. And now it looks like she might be back on TV on a regular basis.

TheWrap.com says that TV Land has said yes to a new original sitcom titled 'Hot in Cleveland.' It stars Valerie Bertinelli, Wendie Malick, and Jane Leeves as three Los Angeles career women who decide to move to Cleveland and live in a big house (no idea why it has that title though - perhaps global warming has done something to Ohio in the future?). White plays the caretaker of the house in the pilot. Though she hasn't been signed beyond that, you can bet that they'll try to get her to make appearances in later episodes too.

That's a great cast, and it's good to see TV Land doing something besides another season of 'High School Reunion.' They also added 'Bewitched' to their daily lineup and 'Everybody Loves Raymond' is coming soon, so maybe things are getting better there.

Iosif

It seems that Betty White is well known and has many fans! Congratulations to her!
We have not seen it and not know that we live in Spain! We Romani origin, and we have a highly rated presenter in our country! His name is Andrea Esca and news presenter on PRO TV
Greetings all!

March 04 2010 at 10:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shar

I hope to see more of Betty on this show. But the cast is great and I will definitly watch this show when it premieres.

March 03 2010 at 10:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
darbw4

this has got hit all over it. great casting. welcome back betty. great wit. and valerie with that killer body . can't wait to see this one. this has serious funny written all over it.

March 02 2010 at 7:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Geri

I think I would enjoy this show.....great cast....I will most likely watch it

March 02 2010 at 7:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
matt715

Good on Val, Betty & the rest! I hope it works out.

March 02 2010 at 7:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
underdosed317

I am sick and tired of Val. She was on too many commercials with that fake "girl next door" image. When her show is on I will be changing my tv dial to another station. Taking bets, her show won't be on very long. Her diet commercials made her a hasbeen.

March 02 2010 at 7:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to underdosed317's comment
Dee

I don't think she's a has been. She looks pretty good for a 50-something woman and while I don't think she's one of the "GREAT" actresses of all time, she can hold her own.

I like the idea of a show with older women instead of the 30 year old bimbos. There are plenty of us baby-boomers around watcing TV and it's good to have someone our own age to watch and relate to.

March 03 2010 at 4:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angela

Alot of people have been forced to become roommates due to the economic crisis. Once higher wage earners are now LUCKY to get PT jobs making 7/hr. It would be a more interesting (and relevant) to have a show about woman trying to make a go and living together. Better than reality TV where everyone would just fight and get drunk. Its about time they get a show with a script out there. I think we need a petition to outlaw reality shows.

March 02 2010 at 6:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary Mitchell

I think that sitcom sounds interesting, but I would like to see some older sitcoms come back to tvland..I mean like on back..I think Everbody loves Raymond is too new and can be seen on anly given channel at anytime...I would like to see things like Newhart, bob newhart show, laverne and shirley, red shelton,gale strom show, love boat, laugh in, moon lighting, cybill, you know old shows

March 02 2010 at 6:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hey You

I couldn't agree with you more Sky....Betty is a very talented actress & should not be underestimated.

To you rick I say...who cares if it is Golden Girls all over again anyway??? That was a great show, which actually still elicits giggles from me when I watch the re-runs. If this crew of ladies pulls it off in the same way, with the same level of humor....they will have a hit as far as I'm concerned!! :)

March 02 2010 at 6:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tootbuc1939

One poster said Val and Bet can't act. I agree about Bet. But, do you really care if the gorgeous Valerie Bertinelli can act. One Jenny Craig commercial and I want to go back to smoking!

March 02 2010 at 6:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply