October 31, 2014

It Looks Like It's Over for 'The Forgotten'

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 3rd 2010 3:02PM
The ForgottenChristian Slater needs to pick better TV shows. Or at least pick TV shows that have some sort of chance of surviving. That's easier said than done, of course, or I'd be the most successful programmer in network history. Last year Slater starred in the short-lived 'My Own Worst Enemy' (a show I actually kinda liked) and now it looks like ABC's 'The Forgotten' is going to be short-lived too, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The March 23 episode was supposed to be the season finale, but ABC is pulling the show before then and the March 9 episode will be the season finale instead (no episode on March 16 either). And since ABC doesn't seem to have enough faith in the show to even let a couple more episodes air, we can pretty much bet that those "season finale" tags will be changed to "series finale" tags.

Maybe Slater should star in one of those 'NCIS'/'CSI'/'Criminal Minds' spinoffs that seem to happen every year. I can picture that.

mj

This was one of the few new shows I enjoyed watching. Too bad all of the good ones are gone.I actually read an article where Christian and crew helped a Missouri family locate their missing sister and helped with expenses to bring her remains home and help with burial expenses. Networks need to have more shows such as this to make the public aware of help available to them.

March 22 2010 at 3:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bonnie

This IS a great show-it opened an awareness on found/missing individuals in true life! It inspired people like me to get involved!

Please bring it back for the sake of those who do not yet have closure to give them hope in these depressing times.

BLL

March 17 2010 at 7:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary

That wa one of the better shows on TV (except for LOST) and i have wrritten to ABC to let them know my feelings. Why cancel the good shows and leave the rest of the junk on?

March 14 2010 at 11:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TomN

Anything that is not based on puerile humor, gore, or deliberate humiliation of people is not making it on TV these days. Good drama, character development, and thoughtful plot development just don't get the ratings that the networks want. I am ready for my netflix subscription now.

March 11 2010 at 11:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
l foster

I don't think Slater's problem is not picking winners but is rather, in the case of "The Forgotten," not pick a show with enough sex and gore, and also pain and humiliation of the main characters like a reality show, to keep the masses happy. Of the 3 shows mentioned that Christian Slater should join: NCIS, CIS, and Criminal Minds, I've stopped watching all 3 of them b/c of feeling like the whole premise was to be gorier and more shocking than other shows, and then after watching Criminal Minds before going to bed, I started having nightmares (that will probably make its producers happy since that is probably their intent). And when NCIS became all about Ziva using wrong English words b/c of the language barrier (how corny and cheap and tiresome) and about sex between her and DiNozzo, I quit it. Unfortunately, some of my long-running favs like the Law & Order's are also doing the gore factor some too, so I might have to start watching more of my 4-year-old's shows that teach being nice to others.

March 11 2010 at 10:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

seems 10pm Tuesdays is doomed on ABC............I liked Life on Mars last year

March 10 2010 at 1:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

clever way to use the episode he gets his daughter back as the series finale..........at least there is that. I liked the show, but didn't find myself sticking around often enough to watch. Never really saw a bad episode of the handful I did see. Too bad he can't pick a winner.

March 10 2010 at 1:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kelly

I really hope that this site is wrong. I love this show, I never miss it!! Why does ABC do this? They cancelled Dirty, Sexy, Money and that was a great show too!!!

March 09 2010 at 11:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
FavoriteActress

I LOVED this show & I'm sick that ABC canceled it before it even had a chance. It was a unique idea that had real merit because it brought to light a situation that really exists and gave much needed publicity to the network that helps solve the problem. I have actually looked into how close the nearest network was & have had some very interesting dicussions with my 13 yeaar old that we might not have had without the show! Boo hiss to ABC!

March 09 2010 at 11:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TO

I was really hoping to see the mystery of Alex's daughter solved...

March 05 2010 at 1:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply