July 30, 2014

Comedy Central Yanks 'Michael and Michael Have Issues'

by Danny Gallagher, posted Mar 4th 2010 9:15PM
Michael Ian Black and Michael Showalter'Michael and Michael Have Issues,' the behind the scenes sketch comedy fest from 'State' alumni Michael Ian Black and Michael Showalter was one of the funniest "no surprise" shows in Comedy Central's line-up in a long time.

So it should probably serve as "no surprise" that Comedy Central has put the kibosh on it.

Showalter sent out the awful truth in Twitter form yesterday. Black also followed up Showalter's sad announcement with his own Tweet that contains a certain word that starts with "F" and ends with "K" and it isn't "fullback."

I was a fan and I looked forward to the second season, but now I'll just have to settle with the inevitable buck squeezing DVD release. You guys had me at "bunny stomping."

Trish

Any chance M&M could be picked up another network? CC made a big mistake and has permanently lost this viewer; M&M was the only show left that I enjoyed. I loved the humor and will miss it.

May 02 2010 at 9:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dean

They got rid of it because comedies are supposed to be funny.

March 06 2010 at 5:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tese42s

Now if they would just get rid of most if not all of the black and mexican comedians. They make their money by putting down whitey. Talk about promoting a racist attitude, it's their whole act.

March 06 2010 at 2:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SkyBlue

Watched it once. It wasn't funny. Never watched again.

March 06 2010 at 1:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ralphgmiami

The Best show which also has comedy in it is "CHUCK" which is on NBC Monday nights 8 p.m. eastern, 7 p.m. central. CHUCK is now a super spy as he reloaded intersect secrets into his brain. Now it has information making him a master of kung fu. It has everything even comedy. Even eye candy as Chuck's girlfriend, Sarah Walker, works for the CIA and protects him. He's also protected by NSA agent John Casey, who is a trigger happy Rambo like agent. They protect him from enemy spies and terrorists. EW weekly calls it a great show.

March 05 2010 at 11:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
salesman

Gee, why dont the TV execs try shoving another gross and lame gay show at us, I mean they haven't tried that without failure for how long? Maybe they should continue to disregard moral America some more...wonder why their ratings suck, er, excude me, didnt mean that freudian slip!

March 05 2010 at 11:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stlouistimstar

M&M was watchable but only if I couldn't get up off the couch to look for the remote. Secret Girlfriend was original and very funny but only lasted about 4 shows - figures.

March 05 2010 at 8:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bill

I think Silverman is hilarious. M&M I could only stand to watch once for about 10 minutes it was so stupid.
Stewart's still the best.

March 05 2010 at 8:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
anniesez

Tried really hard to follow these guys but MM2's humor just not clever; more sophomoric than outside the box. The times they were really funny were far outweighed by the times they reminded me of a couple of 6 year olds whose humor is amusing to only their parents.

March 05 2010 at 7:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peter Slovak

CAROL BURNETT RERUNS on Comedy Central is a great idea.

March 05 2010 at 6:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply