July 30, 2014

'Smallville' Is Coming Back Next Season

by Brad Trechak, posted Mar 4th 2010 9:45PM
SmallvilleIn a move that surprises very few, The CW has decided that 'Smallville' will get a tenth season next year. God willing, it's the last one and Clark finally wears the tights and cape at the end of it.

Truthfully, the show's quality has improved in the last two years. The teen angst factor has gone down in favor of the geek factor. The increased ratings reflect this improvement, added to the change of the broadcast night (because Friday night is geek night on television).

To The CW: here is some free, unsolicited advice. Ten years is a good number, but the tenth year should be the show's last. If it continues, then have Clark don the costume at the end of the season and either spin-off a 'Superman' movie series or create a sequel television series called 'Metropolis.' Don't call it 'Superman' if it's a television series. That's the kiss of death.

Brian

All the Characters are currently contracted to a 10th Season except for Alison Mack ( Chloe) I get the feeling the 10th Season will be the last because I doubt they will want to go through another Contract process with Tom Welling (Clark) The Price Tag just for him just make the show less profitable to make as the show continues. I don't know what he makes now but he must have been making at least 100k an episode on his contract form seasons 4-8. I really hope they can get a contract with Alison Mack worked out because the show would suck without Chloe.

April 10 2010 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Thoth-Amon

Heh, Yeah miss Lana abit, but ehh I miss LL Junior and Senior. Ye I know Old LL is truly dead, but bring back boy LL, he's the story-line's main badguy. And bring also if not direct contact, atleast give some hints about whats going on in Gotham City, radio / TV news about Wayne Industries buying up Luthor Corp, or sumthing about Batman ^^ :D

April 03 2010 at 11:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Howardroak

I am 44 and love smallville.think the writers needs a creative team bouncing ideas off them all the time.some new members.the show will get better.give lois a grown up apartment with no room mates and a great wardrobe please.i have more to write that is important to the show but will reserve my comments for later.Truly love the show.

March 23 2010 at 4:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Art

The show needs to let Clark fly. Everyone coming from Krypton gets their power and immediately fly...except this Clark. Jimmy Olsen is dead, Lex is out of the picture and Clark meets every other Super hero b4 he wears the constume as Superman or the "glasses" as Clark. Let's fix it in the 10th season b4 it gets cancelled and we are all left hanging again. Which will make the reruns suck also.

March 19 2010 at 11:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
t

i cant buy callum blue as zod, i just keep thinking of him as the junkie on dead like me

March 09 2010 at 12:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim McCleese

Long live Smallville.

March 07 2010 at 9:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chiwawamama

Never read comic books. Have been watching since the beginning, dvr all the episodes. Love everything exactly the way it is - don't change a thing. So many story lines still available, hope there's another ten years!!!

March 06 2010 at 8:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jan

Robert, I'm a little curious - have you watched the show regularly since Season 1? You must be watching it if you know that it's "crap", otherwise you wouldn't be able to judge it as such, doesn't that sound fair? As to your opinion of the people who do watch it, that's just what it is - your opinion.
I'm still trying to figure out why you even bothered leaving a message here about this, mingling as you are with all of us "morons". Surely you have better things to do with your time than to lower yourself to our level.
But I do appreciate your regular viewing of the show, since that does help the ratings, and helped get Smallville into its 10th season - thanks so much for that!
Another "moron"

March 06 2010 at 3:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

The show has been fantastic for the last few years, it has embraced and re-imagined the superman universe for a modern audience, which the comic books have done over and over again by changing facts. It doesnt have to fit perfectly into the comic world to be Super fun. Very happy its back AGAIN!!! Less Snookie and more shows like this could bring back TV.

I love when people call others "Morons" for having opinions and cant spell simple words. ROTFL.

March 06 2010 at 2:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

I have been an avid FAN of this story for all ten seasons! I am 67!! I think the "Metropolis" spinoff would be FANTASTIC!! Love it! Tom is "transforming into the real Clark Kent/Superman. I think Chris Reeves would be proud!! Just keep to the original plkayers--especially Chloe as well!

March 06 2010 at 1:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply