September 15, 2014

'Futurama' is Coming Back This June! And Bender! And His Banjo! And Fry!

by Danny Gallagher, posted Mar 5th 2010 2:43AM
Futurama to return in June, 2010Are you looking forward to the carefree and sunny days of summer when the temperature drops to a balmy 80 or 90 degrees, just perfect for tossing around a frisbee, taking a walk with a loved one or just appreciating the sheer beauty and majesty of Mother Earth? Now you've got a perfect excuse to leave all that crap for the hippies and stay inside.

Hitfix reports that some unidentified "Comedy Central sources" have confirmed that the brand spanking new episodes of 'Futurama' will hit the cable network's airwaves on Thursday, June 24.

This joygasm of epic proportions is the crowning climax of news that has slowly grown since June of last year when Comedy Central officially confirmed they were bringing the show back for 26 new episodes, the first new episodes since 2003.

This is one of my biggest TV dreams to ever come true, and I hope it won't be the last. Come on people, let's keep my spiritual winning streak alive.

Here are some of my others: Fox News tries to hire Stephen Colbert away from Comedy Central, the guy who invented the dating reality show dies in a fiery car wreck, and a special meet up movie is made called "'The Smurfs' Meet 'The ThunderCats.'"

timmy98765

I'm a huge fan. And the show is returning on MY birthday. Coincidence? oh ya, I guess it is. Still, pretty sweet!

March 06 2010 at 3:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sarah

And Zoidberg! :D

March 06 2010 at 1:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nico toscani

I'm withholding judgment until I see a new episode. The more recent movies were pretty dire, but I love the original TV episodes. I guess we'll see...

March 06 2010 at 1:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jedeye

I have been waiting! At last something good to watch on TV

March 06 2010 at 12:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jay

Thom Kiss my shiny metal A**! OH, and you should really learn to spell.

March 06 2010 at 12:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Franksfoil

Good. That and the Simpsons are the only two good cartoons in production right now.

March 06 2010 at 12:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Franksfoil's comment
steeldevil

Check out the Venture Brothers. I love Futurama, but it falls short of the greatness of Venture Bros.

March 06 2010 at 3:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Reggie Wagstaff

Is there any way we can get Leela naked? Or maybe just in a thong bikini? I'm just saying...

March 06 2010 at 11:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
White Cholera

I'll have another bowl of Bachelor Chow. How's about THE LOVE BOAT versus the Graf Spee ? !

March 06 2010 at 11:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Richard Ott

Is Fox absolutly posative they don't have any
future plans to bring Futurama into syndicated
reruns on the show's formerly owned affiliates?
In other words, if Futurama goes past 10 years
(and what junky cartoon series from the yellow
bodied people of Springfield hasn't done that?),
what if My24 decides to try Futurama near the
dinnertime slots of 6:00pm & 7:00pm, causing
Fox to say, "Maybe, we made a mistake by
cancelling Futurama, let's bring that spin-off
back to our network."? These shows can't go
on, forever. They simply can't.

March 06 2010 at 11:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wish Belkin

Great news. Love this show.

March 06 2010 at 10:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply