September 2, 2014

NBC Renews 'Community,' 'The Office,' and '30 Rock'

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 6th 2010 9:09AM
NBC already renewed 'Parks and Recreation' in January, and today they also renewed the other sitcoms on their Thursday night lineup, 'Community,' 'The Office,' and '30 Rock.'

No real surprise, though 'Community' could have gone either way. Creator Dan Harmon told the cast about the renewal and recorded it. Look at Yvette Nicole Brown's face as she thinks the show might have been canceled.

emtae

30 Rock, the show that only showbiz/media people and Huffington Post readers watch, continues to exist.

March 08 2010 at 12:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to emtae's comment
Drex

I'm none of those and live in a red state, I think it's the best show since Arrested Development..

March 08 2010 at 10:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edward

This show should be great for 4 seasons. Enough time for them to get through 4 years at Greendale CC.

March 07 2010 at 9:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andy

Glad it got picked up for another season! I wasn't a huge fan at first, but it definitely grew on me as the characters started getting better developed. Hopefully we see something similar to the Big Bang Theory which definitely was able to find its stride in the second season and has become one of my favorites.

March 06 2010 at 11:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HC

No reaction from Chevy because he's used to getting his stuff canceled. He's a veteran of the industry.

March 06 2010 at 10:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Benjy

I'm a latecomer to "Community", but it's the funniest of that Thursday night block (far surpassing "P&R" and "30 Rock" and just barely edging out "The Office". I think it's even hands down the best ensemble comedy on TV right now! Glad to see it's getting another year. God knows, it deserves at least as many shots as "30 Rock" has gotten!

Funny notes: In Harmon's video, check out Chevy Chase. Cancellation or renewal, there's no reaction on his face to anything! Also, Yvette Brown's face prior to the renewal announcement was so far from the always smiling face we see on her character!

March 06 2010 at 6:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
st3v3n

Community is something exciting and fresh with TV this year. They constantly break the 4th wall, reference old sitcoms, reference cliche's they themselves use, and created a perfect dynamic between all the characters. the jokes are fast-paced, and the touching parts of the episodes seem real and uncontrived. I never really liked Joel McHale before this show, and was hesitant to watch it, but everyone on this show has blown me away.

March 06 2010 at 3:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to st3v3n's comment
Luger718

They break the 4th wall without actually breaking the 4th wall lmfao! its just abed who consideres each day an episode and each school year a season :)

March 15 2012 at 8:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

I'm really happy about "Community"! It's been the most consistently good this year. "30 Rock" is uneven, and "The Office" may have gotten too stupid for me. But "Community" gives me the most laughs of any current show other than the now-canceled ABC "Better Off Ted".

March 06 2010 at 2:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
snaik005

Community is a great show, glad to see that it got renewed.

March 06 2010 at 11:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JWB

I can't believe Community got renewed . The characters are so one-dimensional it's tough to watch.

In terms of ratings and material, it's NBC's weakest sitcom. .

March 06 2010 at 10:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply