October 24, 2014

Fox Gives 'Fringe' a Third Season

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 7th 2010 2:35PM
Fringe
Fans of FOX's 'Fringe,' you can all breathe a sigh of relief: the network has renewed the show for a third season.

This was probably never a question. I mean, not really. Sure, the show is not some incredible hit and an automatic renewal, but it's a show that has a definite following, and there hasn't been any indication that FOX was so unhappy with it that it was going to cancel the show. Add to that the fact that it's from J.J. Abrams and 'Lost' is ending this season and it was a pretty good bet the show would come back.

I still have to catch up with this show. I watched the first handful of episodes and liked it, but then I drifted away because ... well, who knows. Too many other shows to watch, etc., etc. But if there's one show on TV that I'm going to catch up with on DVD this summer it's this one.

[Watch episodes of 'Fringe' and other shows at SlashControl.]

coach of RMB24

Welcome to the coach coin purse outlet store. Here has many cheap coach purses.Coach outlets store, your
best choice! The purses here are just for you! The Coach Coin Purses make you graceful!

May 02 2011 at 4:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Sassone

Note: this is a news post, not a review of the show. Why do I have to watch it regularly in order to mention the news? You often have to report something on a blog even if you're not completely familiar with it (though I have seen several episodes of the show, as I said above).

March 08 2010 at 1:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Bob Sassone's comment
J

Agreed, I never said that you needed to be a fan to report news. But it adds no value to add that you've never seen the show before. Check out EW or E, or any other entertainment news reporting site - I rarely, if ever see the person reporting the news say "I don't watch the bachelor (or whatever)". Just leave it unsaid (you can't watch everything) and report the news...

March 08 2010 at 1:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GerryofNorVA

Um, Bob, don't bother, seriously. You've missed absolutely nothing. They do one mythic ep for every ten X-Files eps. Even then the mythic arc isn't compelling, it just isn't.

March 08 2010 at 9:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bruce

Amazing, thank you Fox. Though I have a feeling the only reason they've given it a 3rd season is because most of season 2 has been rather disappointing... dumb monster of the week episodes, very little on the alternate dimension/observers/Bell/etc. If the show had been incredibly satisfying, interesting, and clever up to this point in season 2, Fox would surely be cancelling it.

March 08 2010 at 5:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
buckeyenut

YIPPEEEE!!!! another season of Walter. he is changing so much. you can see how much he cares for Olivia & Peter(or is it Peter?).cant wait for the showdown between Walter & William Bell.

March 08 2010 at 1:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Picviewer

I'm sure they are expecting a big bump in viewership after the Lost finale crossover of Fringe which establishes the Losties are from the alternate Fringe world.

March 08 2010 at 1:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Val

Astrid/Broyles need a story line!

March 07 2010 at 7:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Val's comment
Wayne Dunham

Maybe they'll give her a story line when she stops holding that 70's disco hairdo hostage.

March 07 2010 at 11:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
J

Definite yay! However, hate to be snarky, but I notice that Bob always reports news on random shows and notes "I don't watch it" or "I need to catch up on it", etc. Don't know why I expect more from tvsquad, but I personally think it would be far more impactful to have someone who actually watches the show in question report the news (or at least don't mention that you don't watch it / are a fan). I read many other entertainment blogs / news sites, and this is the first that I've seen consistently doing this.

March 07 2010 at 5:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to J's comment
RobynM

Ah, that's just the way Bob is. He did the same thing on Slashfood when he wrote the National Food of the Day column - it regularly started with "I don't eat", or "I don't care for" whatever food it was.

March 08 2010 at 12:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David Gunter

This is great news.Really looking forward to several story lines being expanded and delved into.Peter from the other side,Olivia's abilities,The coming "war" with the other side...and the incredible tour de force that is John Noble.Hopefully it won't be scheduled against anything too damaging.

March 07 2010 at 4:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
carrie

YAY! I love this show. I wasn't really worried about it coming back, but am glad to hear that it is. I would think they would switch it back to Tuesday night before they canceled it, since it's up against so many high-rated shows.

March 07 2010 at 3:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Creep

If you miss X-Files, you'll like this show.

March 07 2010 at 3:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply