October 2, 2014

You Win, Internet: Betty White To Host 'Saturday Night Live'

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 8th 2010 3:00PM
Betty WhiteFacebook fans, your plan has worked: Betty White has confirmed that she's going to host 'Saturday Night Live.'

There's no word yet on when she will host or under what circumstances, but White tells People that she is indeed going to host the show. She says she "doesn't know why or how, but it's been wonderful."

There was talk that because of her age (she's 88), she would be a part of a "Women of Comedy" episode of 'SNL,' but producer Lorne Michaels says that's not true.

Dave

I have never watched SNL but with Betty on it I will be there the night she does the show. I have followed her thru more shows then any other actor or actress. You go girl.

March 09 2010 at 7:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diane

I would watch anything with Betty White in it!! She's the funniest I've ever seen !And we share love for animals too!! I have my first rescue dog and we love her to pieces!! Lexi is my best friend!!(psst! Don't tell my Italian husband LoL!!)

March 09 2010 at 7:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bill Meredith

I rarely watch SNL.Since its inception.But.I guarantee I will watch the show with Betty White.I have watched and loved her since the 1950's when she was the star of and the title character in " Life with Elizabeth " She has been the greatest for over 50 years.

March 09 2010 at 2:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cheri Harry

If Cloris Leachman can do DWTS so can Betty white

March 09 2010 at 2:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
petey

it will be nice to see comedy on snl after such a long hiatis!

March 09 2010 at 12:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DAVID

ITS ABOUT TIME THAT THE OSCARS WERE FUNNY,I WAS HAPPY TO SEE STEVE AND ALEC HOST IT,THEY MADE THE SHOW FUN TO WATCH

March 08 2010 at 11:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sthompson

It's about time for someone new and fresh to be a host on SNL. I'm betting that she'll be able to handle anything they throw at her and not do it with a lack of creativity and good taste that I think has been lacking for some time - you go girl!

March 08 2010 at 11:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Irish

I love Betty White. She'll be a crack up on SNL.

March 08 2010 at 10:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Katie

Betty, you rock! I have not watched SNL in years. But I WILL watch the one you host. And as Glynspsa said: "It will be the highest rated SNL in a long time". You go show them how it's done!!!

March 08 2010 at 10:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dandee

Go Betty, GO! This lady has kept millions of people laughing. She is a jewel and I hope she continues for a very long time yet, making us laugh and be happy. I have watched her a very long time, even from Password with her then husband. They were both very well welcomed by everyone who watched that show. And since then I have watched her on all of her shows and of course The Golden Girls show is still on and can be watched every night.

March 08 2010 at 10:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply