September 21, 2014

'Burn Notice' Gets a New Regular Cast Member

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 9th 2010 2:16PM
Burn Notice'Burn Notice' just ended its third season and now comes word that they're adding a new regular character to mix with Michael, Fiona, Sam, and Madeline.

Coby Bell, who had regular roles on such shows as 'Third Watch,' 'The Game,' and 'L.A. Doctors' (no, I don't remember that 1999 show, though it sounds like something that should have been a hint, doesn't it?) will join the cast as Jesse Garcia.

The Hollywood Reporter describes the character as "a cocky and sarcastic counterintelligence expert with a chameleon-like ability to assume different cover identities and an intense desire to see bad guys punished.' Wait, that sounds a lot like Michael! He finds himself in Miami, too, and hooks up with the gang for what I'm assuming will be lots of action.

Frank Bloom

Burn Notice is one of my favorite shows.
Good interaction between the cast.
Hope the new guy fits in.
I was sick to my stomach when the beautiful "red" 1960 Buick convertible was totaled.My first car was a "blue" 1960 Buick convertible.

March 12 2010 at 5:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Beth

I have nothing against the actor himself, but I just hope this new character doesn't take away from Michael, Fi, Sam and Maddie. They work so well together as a team and I just don't see the need to add anyone else.

March 11 2010 at 11:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

Here they had a chance to add another really great looking chic for some two on two action and blew it. What is wrong with these people?

March 11 2010 at 11:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C C RYDER 39

HOPE THIS ONE DOESN,T SCREW UP THE SHOW //LIKE THE OTHER ONE IS SCREWING UP OUR COUNTRY

March 10 2010 at 7:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Christopher

Look on the bright side. If it had been Ted McGinley, BN would have been doomed. (I understand McGinley is an okay guy, but he is like the universal signal that a series has jumped the shark.)

March 10 2010 at 11:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Julio

Why must we always talk about color. Burn Notice is a great show the way it is. Let's see what the new guy will bring. Hopefully more then just color to the show. Additionally, NBC cancelled Southland to make room for the now cancelled Jay Leno show. All your bitching didn't bring it back another station picked it up.

March 10 2010 at 5:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nisha

I am psyched about this addition... I love Michael, Fiona & Sam together, but it'll be nice to see some new blood and it doesn't hurt that that new blood is the smoking hot Coby Bell, who also lit up the screen on the urban hit comedy: The Game!!

March 10 2010 at 12:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lori

Why fix something that's not broken? The four main characters are still evolving and adding someone else is just going to muddy up the waters. Maybe that's what Matt Nix wants, but this is a huge risk that has hurt so many other shows in the past. It makes me wonder if he's adding new people in case he writes in the departure of another. After all, they are in a dangerous line of work.

March 09 2010 at 11:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AladdinSane

The music on BN is atrocious...The composer should be exiled to another planet. You need someone like a Stewart Copeland or Jan Hammer to give the show the music it deserves. PLEASE!
Peace

March 09 2010 at 9:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
leandra16

sharon gless is right on, she adds dimension to michael.. love the show. that sam dude is a hunk..

March 09 2010 at 9:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply