November 25, 2014

Bravo Announces Most Depressing Line-Up in TV History

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 10th 2010 4:04PM
BravoIt's always exciting when a cable network announces that they're adding an a new night of programming. Or it can be exhausting, considering how much TV we all watch nowadays. With that in mind I think I'm glad that there's probably nothing at all that I'll want to watch on the fifth night of programming that Bravo is going to have later this year.

I mean, seriously, look at the shows that the network will have to choose from for this fifth night of programming. 'Million Dollar Listing 4?' 'Tabatha's Salon Takeover 3?' 'The Fashion Show 2?' 'Real Housewives of Atlanta 3?' And those are just the returning shows.

New shows include 'Pregnant in Heels' (a reality show about a boutique that caters to pregnant women), 'Miami Social Club,' a look at rich, fashionable people who enjoy the "hot Miami scene," and 'Million Dollar Decorators,' a reality show about the personal lives of interior designers who work on expensive homes.

The hell? Who watches these shows? This whole lineup makes me want to repeatedly slam my head on my coffee table. Watch what happens? No thanks.

There are two scripted shows in the mix too so maybe - maybe - there's a glimmer of hope. Darren Star is doing a show titled 'I'm Not Myself These Days' (about a straight dad who is a drag queen at night) and a show titled 'Room Service,' about a fancy hotel that provides male escorts to its clients.

On second thought, maybe that's not much of a glimmer of hope.

Rich Keller

The only good thing on Bravo are 'The West Wing' repeats at 8 and 9 am. Other than that, it's suckfest HD.

Also, Miami Social Club is not a new show. It aired last summer on the network.

March 10 2010 at 10:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandre Moore

Sheesh. Bravo used to have great programming, what happened? I'm so sick of reality shows I could scream. It's a shame no one likes writers and actors anymore, isn't it?

March 10 2010 at 7:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom

Good God, WHY???????? I'm beginning to think we have too many cable stations. Makes me long for the good old days when there were only three network channels and maybe an independant and a PBS if you were lucky. Granted, there are a lot of good shows on right now (Burn Notice, Two and a half Men, Community, NCIS, Fringe". Well, these are shows I like. This reality crap has got to stop. Before anyone says, "if you don't like these shows, don't watch them", You can be sure that I don't.

March 10 2010 at 5:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Tom's comment
Andrew

You can never have too many channels. Choices are good! You may not like these shows, but people do watch them.

March 10 2010 at 7:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sharon

Bravo used to be pretty good. I don't watch it anymore either.

March 10 2010 at 5:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
thepassenger

I haven't watched anything on Bravo in years. Just recently I discovered that Comcast had added Bravo HD to our lineup. Couldn't we have gotten Comedy Central in HD instead?

March 10 2010 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply