October 31, 2014

More 'Scooby-Doo' Coming from Cartoon Network

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 12th 2010 5:05PM
Scooby-DooDo you know what the number one show in Cartoon Network history is? Nope! It was the 2009 movie 'Scooby-Doo: The Mystery Begins.' It grabbed 6.1 million viewers! So you know that the network wants to make a sequel, and make a sequel they are (if that sentence makes any sense). The new TV movie, which will air this fall, is called 'Scooby-Doo! Curse of the Lake Monster' and will feature the same cast, including the black-haired guy who plays the usually blonde-haired Fred. I wouldn't be surprised if they made this into a series.

By the way, can someone explain the theme song to me? I was just listening to it (after the jump) and the opening line is "Scooby-Doobie-Doo, where are you?" What does that even mean? His name is Scooby-Doo (sometimes just "Scoob"), so why did the songwriter just throw in that "Doobie" in the middle? Maybe it was an homage to Sinatra.

Nathaniel

I dig the theme. Also, I didn't watch that movie (one reason was that they appeared to be airing a stretched standard-def version on the HD feed... but a later airing appeared to be HD widescreen, so I have no idea what was going on there), but I do want to catch it. For some reason, I actually do think it'll be good!

March 15 2010 at 1:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JLGreenlee

That is NOT the original theme song to Scooby Doo, Where are You? This is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FysobubtDcI&feature=related. One of the cooler TV theme songs ever, IMHO.

March 13 2010 at 3:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
divineparasite

The more live-action crap they air on CARTOON Network and the less animated programming they air, the worse this network becomes. Stop with the actors and hire animators.

March 12 2010 at 9:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
The Deej

Actually Scooby Doo's name IS a tribute to Sinatra. The scoobie doobie do was from Strangers in the Night.

March 12 2010 at 5:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to The Deej's comment
litehousebeacon

And you know they were all smokin' doobies before they went ghost hunting.

March 12 2010 at 7:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply