October 25, 2014

What Happened to 'Who Is Clark Rockefeller?' on Lifetime? - UPDATE

by Allison Waldman, posted Mar 14th 2010 1:09PM
Lifetime_sherry_stringfield_eric_mcCormack_who_is_clark_rockefeller
Were you watching Eric McCormack and Sherry Stringfield in the Lifetime original movie 'Who Is Clark Rockefeller?' on Saturday night? If so, did you see the whole movie? Apparently, an awful lot of people didn't. Both Comcast and DirecTV viewers have reported that the Lifetime signal cut out after the first 57 minutes of the broadcast. When the movie returned some time later, the sound was missing.

I had the movie recording on my DVR and can confirm that the film was interrupted. There was a message on the screen from DirecTV explaining that the problem was Lifetime's. They asked for subscribers not to call DirecTV because they couldn't correct the problem.

Oh dear, oh dear. What a waste of mass promotion! Lifetime's been blitzing the cable networks with commercials, and McCormack's been out doing interviews. Screeners were sent out, and the New York Times reviewed the picture. But what about the viewers? How many households turned off Lifetime and didn't go back. How many will give a replay of the movie -- and there will be quite a few for sure -- a try?

Meanwhile, did you experience the outage in your neck of the woods or did you see the whole movie? Let us know...

UPDATE: Lifetime responded to our query about what happened. Here's the scoop: Due to severe weather in the Mid-Atlantic and New England areas last night, Lifetime Television temporarily lost transmission power during its Original Movie 'Who is Clark Rockefeller?' The network will air encore presentations of the film starring Eric McCormack, Sherry Stringfield and Regina Taylor this evening, March 14th, at 9:00 PM ET and 11:00 PM ET/PT, and tomorrow, Monday, March 15th, at 9 PM ET/PT.

OneLadyinSC

I missed all the problems--I got bored with it before they all happened and had already turned away.

March 16 2010 at 5:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jodi

I have been super busy with work and now that I finally have a chance to watch it, this happens. This is crazy.

March 16 2010 at 4:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sandy

I still have not seen the clark rockefeller as I did not know it was missing from my taping and I missed the other reruns....when will it play again??

March 16 2010 at 11:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jitjol

The movie was awful anyway. You didn't miss anything.

March 16 2010 at 10:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Maximoose

How come we can comment on this but not on the story of the tramp who slept with Edwards and ruined his family and career ? What a trampy scum she is.

March 16 2010 at 12:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Keke

I had the same problem but watched the replay. What I am MORE concerned about is not Lifetime and their ability to play the movie but rather what we are going to do when this monster gets out? If this man was portrayed correctly we are going to have a monster/murderer who can be anyone he wants to be, released on the public! I admit the wife had blinders on for a long time but what is she going to do now? I hope London does a better job in keeping madman who father children away from their offspring!

March 15 2010 at 8:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy

I had seen all the commercials about this movie and there were tons of them. It looked interesting and was based on a true story and I like Eric McCormack and Sherry Stringfield; so I was furious when the picture went out and then the sound. I called Time Warner Cable. I live in Wake Forest.. They said they were working on the problem and they would try to fix it for the second showing. I knew I would be up late if I waited for the second showing. I was planning on going to the early morning church service and the clocks were flipped forward. I ended up watching it though the sound went out for a few minutes for that showing as well. I feel sorry for Eric and Sherry and Lifetime because they probably had a lot of disgruntled people wanting to see the show. That's my four cents. I know I said a lot.

March 15 2010 at 8:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Readyfreddiegirl

I watched it Sunday at 10:00 on lifetime movie was fine no mess ups.

March 15 2010 at 7:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cassie

We had the same problem in Illinois, but I watched the entire movie on Sunday. No problem.

March 15 2010 at 7:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
natalie

Yes, I live in VA and it went black and then silent here, also. Oh well, they always repeat the movies so I DVRed it at 11 Pm and it was fine.

March 15 2010 at 7:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply