April 18, 2014

Last Night's 'Chuck' Was The Lowest Rated Ever (Subway, Get Ready)

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 16th 2010 2:31PM

How can a show that is as freakin' entertaining and fun as 'Chuck' get low ratings like this? Sure, the switch to Daylight Savings Time means that shows see a bit of a ratings slide, but I'm not convinced that's the only reason that 'Chuck' got its lowest ratings ever for last night's episode.

I don't know what we can do to save the show, but creator Josh Schwartz says that "it's time to get organized." Subway subs again? I think Chuck and Morgan have been eating their food on the show again lately so maybe they knew something we didn't.

The funny thing is, with the recent plot developments on the show (Morgan finding out about the spy stuff, the revelations about Casey's real identity, the fact that Chuck is becoming more independent), this might be a logical season to end the show. But I want the show to continue. It's massive fun, and those very same points are also reasons for the show to continue for another season.

Jinx

The stunt casting of 'Superman' and 'Lana Lang' was puerile, and their story arcs ruined the show for me.

March 19 2010 at 11:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sam8988378

I've been watching Chuck since the beginning, absolutely love it. No, the obsolete Nielson system has never contacted me or anyone I've ever known (encompassing 6 states & 1 major metropolitan area), or anyone they've ever known. I don't know if they even take into account time-shifting, which is a shame. People here also made the point of mentioning the power blackouts due to the storms. How can that NOT be counted as a factor?

Going to Costco *sigh* today. One bright spot might be if they have season 1 in their DVD section. That's 1 for me, and 1 birthday gift taken care of.

I want a Buymore tshirt!

March 19 2010 at 3:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James

I am a huge fan of Chuck and I hope it gets renewed for a 4th Season. If however, NBC decide to cancel it I hope they give the show's producers plenty of time to wrap up all the show's storylines and leave the fans happy in a Season 3 and series finale. I remember when another favourite show of mine (Las Vegas) was cancelled after a cliffhanger finish in Season 5...no closure for the fans...not awesome!!!

March 18 2010 at 3:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
NixedViewer

Chuck was pre-empted by basketball in OK last week, and didn't show on the schedule this week... If it wasn't for NBC replay on the web I wouldn't have been able to see it... Again... the NBC corporate heads have no clue as to what is going on in the real viewers world... nor of what we enjoy... and what's with all the Aussie and Brit actors taking over all the work... do they work cheap or something?

March 17 2010 at 5:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bocona

So a lot of viewrs are out and about becuase its Spring Break! No need to worry next week viewers back to tvs.

March 17 2010 at 5:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Margali

Don't worry. If their ratings should tank, NBC will just let the cast take over the Tonight Show.

March 17 2010 at 4:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joe

They need to move it to another night when it doesn't have to compete with House and the CBS comedies... i wish they would move it to wed at 7 there is nothing good on at that time except for The Middle... of course NBC has cancelled many other good shows for lesser reasons like Southland and Kings

March 17 2010 at 4:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Denizio

It sux!

March 17 2010 at 3:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kevin Churchill

Any episode of CHUCK, is a GREAT one! Laugh or piss and moan
it just means you watched it and you'll probably be watching again next week and the next week. Team that up with Leno's Kitty Sec-
urity bit and BAM! A rating grab? spin-off's? "Chuckles" will sell
many cases of that Chicken odersee. Chuck rocks on.

March 17 2010 at 2:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
soccerxtras

LOVE Chuck! Have since ithe show started. Fast and fun to watch ...but HATE what they've done chasing time slots and putting it on against the show "House." I end up missing them both. 8pm is not a good time for this show. They couldv'e put this in place of Jay Leno's show and we all would've gotten a chance to watch it! PPPfffttt! Set it up against American idol, so I can sit down and enjoy the show

March 17 2010 at 1:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply