April 17, 2014

Marsha Thomason is Returning to 'White Collar'

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 16th 2010 2:03PM
White CollarLast week on the season finale of 'White Collar,' former regular cast member Marsha Thomason made an appearance on the show as Agent Diana Lancing. That wasn't just a one-time return to the show, she's coming back full-time next season.

This is an interesting turn of events. Thomason was in the pilot but then vanished from the show and a new agent played by Natalie Morales joined the cast. But I don't know if Morales has ever fit in. They don't really give her much to do on the show. Not that they give the supporting agents a lot to do on the show anyway, but Morales especially has been underused.

'White Collar' creator Jeff Eastin confirms on Twitter that Morales will be leaving the show.

CaptainAmericaHatesHippies

I'm glad Morales might be getting more to do on another show. Every time I see her I get sad because I think of "The Middleman" which should still be on the air. I'm also glad Thomason is coming back full time. She's a good actor and very attractive. Most of all I'm glad White Collar is coming back, it's a lot of fun.

March 16 2010 at 3:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CRVBOY

Can you really call a actor who was in 1 episode a series regular? Lots of shows change actors/characters between pilots and regular viewing (NCIS comes to mind)

March 16 2010 at 3:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sean

That's why I stopped watching White Collar wid-way through; the supporting cast got no love. What's the point of having them if you're not using them for anything? I'm also kind of tired of clearly formulaic shows. I felt like I was watching each episode over and over. However, I only watched after the first episode because I highly enjoyed Thomason's character and her interaction with Caffrey. Now I may have to watch the finale and next season.

March 16 2010 at 2:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Sean's comment
Sean

Ha! No, I felt like there was going to be more interaction between characters and possibly more in depth storylines for the side characters.

March 16 2010 at 3:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tricia

According to EW, Morales is another new addition to Parks and Rec, which will use her better, I think. Good luck to her!

March 16 2010 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply