April 24, 2014

Would You Watch Conan's Show at 7PM?

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 18th 2010 11:33AM
ConanAll this talk about Conan O'Brien signing a deal with FOX has overshadowed another possibility for Coco: the coveted... 7PM slot?

TheWrap.com is reporting that Conan has actually been approached by two companies about having a syndicated show earlier in the evening. Debmar Mercury (the Tyler Perry sitcoms) and CBS Television Distribution. While it seems that a late night show on FOX would be the more probable scenario, this at least makes things a little more interesting. Could be an interesting alternative to sitcom reruns and 'Inside Edition.'

When Would You Like To See Conan's Show?
Late night686 (64.8%)
Early evening, around 7pm232 (21.9%)
Neither. I watch other late night shows. Besides, I'm not giving up Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy.140 (13.2%)

patrick douglass

I would burn my tv before that functionally illerate slob
would be on at my house, he has no talant, and the hair, why is he always having a bad hair day. 6 in this house and no one likes his show or him

April 26 2010 at 7:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
elizabeth ritzie

I would not watch Conan if his was the only show on the air. I cannot stand him

April 26 2010 at 4:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marie-Helene

pahahhaaa I'd do the same...besides if he does comeback, he's a late night guy...no PG13 PLEASE

March 27 2010 at 1:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andy

I wait by the computer to catch his latest tweet @ConanOBrien and even the tweet from his squirrel @ConansSquirrel, so yes I will be watching!

March 20 2010 at 7:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kelly

It would put him up against several major shows like American Idol. We want him to be a hit. He is sooo good.

March 20 2010 at 5:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Luis Palacios

Conan the next Oprah?

March 18 2010 at 10:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elizabeth

That is exactly what I was coming here to say.

No, I probably won't watch it at 7pm. I'll watch it whenever I want to, but most likely later so that I can skip the commercials.

March 18 2010 at 10:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deezul

And don't forget the option "I won't watch Conan at all."

March 18 2010 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
my_name_is_ray

I think Conan at 7 p.m would work. I do not buy the "he would have to be tame" argument. Some affiliates run Family Guy at 7 p.m. And aren't the Daily Show and Colbert Report on at 8 on Cable? I think if it's on at 7, a lot of people would watch live or DVR it. The key is getting credit for DVR viewership. I am not sure if Nielsen counts that yet.

March 18 2010 at 12:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Raffster

The other missing option is "I will watch Conan no matter where he goes." I would certainly watch Conan at 7, but like D says, he would certainly be under pressure to stay family friendly, which sort of goes against his zany style.
While I'd hate to see this result in a trip to cable land, a 7pm show on say Comedy Central could be a knockout for that network creating a talk show juggernaut with Colbert and Stewart, I just don't know if that holds the kind of notoriety befitting of a host as great as O'brien. And if this IS a ploy to have Conan in line to take over Dave's spot, I welcome that; so long as it falls in line with what Conan wants and especially if it means a return to New York for him and his crew. I always felt that like Late Night, Conan's show was far more a new generation of Letterman's show and I honestly don't know who would be better to replace him when he retires. I love Craig, but his show is a whole different animal. Actually, now that I think about it, Craig on Tonight opposite Conan on the Late Show makes more sense than anything the networks have come up with thus far.

March 18 2010 at 12:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply