July 31, 2014

Will Rosie Return to Daytime in Oprah's Place?

by Brad Trechak, posted Mar 20th 2010 9:30AM
Rosie O'DonnellWith Oprah leaving the daytime talk show circuit, networks are scrambling to find someone to fill the gap. One possibility is a return of Rosie O'Donnell to the daytime talk-show circuit. For those who are unaware, Rosie had an Emmy-winning talk show for a little while and then had a controversial run on 'The View.'

While both are famous on the daytime circuit, this is not exactly an apples-for-apples exchange. Oprah is known for being sympathetic and humble, despite her billions. Rosie is big, blustery, confrontational and not afraid to give her opinion. She's a bit like the Howard Stern of daytime talk-show hosts.

On the other hand, that could just be what the industry needs. If they tried to get an Oprah clone, people would criticize that the networks weren't imaginative. On the other hand, if Rosie got Donald Trump as a guest, it would be a ratings bonanza.

Kathy H.

I listen to Rosie on Sirius radio every now and then in my car. I find that she has matured into a mellowed out young woman. She continues to have her opinions, but she has lots of back up now that she used to didn't tell us about. She does research on subjects now, brings in interesting guests, and is much more subdued than in the old days. She has a quick wit and make me laugh every time I listen to her. I don't think a tv show w/Rosie would be such an outrageous idea. I'm thinking of some of the other nut cases spewing their own agendas all over the tv waves right now and they are tolerated and draw an audience, so why not Rosie, she at least can make people smile.

March 23 2010 at 4:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lou

If Rosie does take over Oprah's show it will be one more that I will not watch....

March 23 2010 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lydia

Loved Oprah at this time slot
and love Rosie as well;
ever since Star Search...
Wish you all the best if this
takes off...and, all the best,
even if this doesn't take off...

March 23 2010 at 9:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susan

No, PLEASE DON'T DO THIS TO US!!! SHE IS SO FULL OF SELF-LOATHING IT IS REFLECTED IN EVERY SINGLE THING THIS HAG DOES!!

March 23 2010 at 9:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rosie Is A Fat Pig

Say it ain't so! Tell me that the fattest pig on the planet isn't returing to TV. Rosie Sucks!

March 23 2010 at 9:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jerry

Rosie is just a NASTY woman, Nasty disposition, Nasty appearance and hardly a replacement for the Big O. I say leave Rosie in the rathole she has chosen and spare the rest of us.

March 23 2010 at 9:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Captain Fanboy

Someone with some really deep pockets is strong-arming these networks into putting Rosie on the tube...I mean, does anybody really want to see her any more?? Does anybody care what she does?? GO AWAY ROSIE!!

March 23 2010 at 9:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
john

Their trading one pig for another

March 23 2010 at 9:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fred Funk

so sorry to read Mike's posts... and yet, ...he doesn't have the hair or belly he once had and his posts stands...
What is wanted and desired by the American viewers is someone who is non-opinionated; like Ellen.. who has a wonderful diposition and a passion for life. Sadly, I don't think Rosie fills this requirement. Someone who does NOT command attention... but desires to fulfill the needs of fellow Americans.. has a gift for giving.
Keep lookin' for you will find a wonderful replacement!

March 23 2010 at 8:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
c cole

eeewww yeah...Anderson Cooper would be cool. Or Stephen Colbert with Lots of fun guests. I would watch that!

March 23 2010 at 8:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply