November 22, 2014

'Heroes' Baddie Robert Knepper Joins 'Stargate Universe'

by Mike Moody, posted Mar 22nd 2010 3:31PM
robert knepper heroes stargate universeSome actors were just born to play bad guys, and Robert Knepper is one of the best. He terrorized the prisoners on 'Prison Break', manipulated the heroes on 'Heroes', and now he's gunning for the troubled Destiny crew on 'Stargate Universe'.

Knepper has been cast as a villain on the second season of 'SGU'. He's landed the role Simeon, a key member of a dangerous group of space pirates called the Lucian Alliance. Our pals at Gateworld have snagged some 'SGU' casting docs that say Simeon will come into serious conflict with Robert Carlyle's character, Dr. Rush, which will culminate in a tense standoff between the two.

Knepper's 'Heroes' baddie Samuel Sullivan might've flamed out at the end of last season, but he was still the best thing about that show all year. I can't wait to see him (and his soul patch) face off against Carlyle on 'SGU'.

Remember to head back to TV Squad next week for a review of the 'SGU' mid-season premiere, "Space," airing April 2 on Syfy.

replicasky

Me too, lol

April 21 2010 at 11:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
replicasky

Woooo,Robert is cool!

April 21 2010 at 11:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
medstud

I'll give this show a second chance if he's coming on board

March 22 2010 at 8:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
zippy_zip74467

I've been watching "Stargate Universe," and it has been pretty boring. It hasn't had much action, and has been more like a soap opera, but I read that more action is coming.

March 22 2010 at 7:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elisabeth

I hung onto Prison Break for the entire run mainly because of him. He couldn't save Heroes though: I bailed at the end of January. He is a wonderful actor.
I hope for his sake he doesn't get typecast but...he does play the ultimate creepy bad guy. Love him.
Might have to check out SGU...is it any good?

March 22 2010 at 4:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Please Hammer don\'t hurt \'em

This guy (along with Christopher Walken in the dead zone) is the ultimately creepy guy. I think he'll be an awesome addition to the Stargate Universe.

March 22 2010 at 4:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply