December 21, 2014

CBS Snags Sissy Spacek for New Medical Drama

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 23rd 2010 1:55PM
SpacekWell, it looks like people are going to start paying a lot more attention to this new John Wells' show.

The Hollywood Reporter says that Sissy Spacek has joined the pilot for the new CBS medical drama about a team of doctors who travel around the country helping people in trouble. THR says that the character was originally supposed to be a man but they've changed it to a woman for Spacek. Another change: she will use telekinesis to levitate people and trucks. This will help will rescuing people in auto accidents.

The other day we told you about another cast decision on this show, the addition of Skeet Ulrich to the cast. This is turning into an interesting project. With this cast and the fact that John Wells is behind it, I'm guessing this is one pilot that has a very good chance of making it to the fall schedule.

cvjune2004

My 6 children and I recently worked on the set with Sissy, Skeet and all the other's. We enjoyed it and I think it will be a great show. Sissy, Skeet and all the others did an outstanding job! Can't wait to watch it.

April 16 2010 at 4:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Y. Thompson

I WANT SKEET ULRICH. I WANT SKEET ULRICH. I DON'T WANT SISSY SPACEK. WHAT A RIDICULOUS TURN OF EVENTS. WOMEN WATCH THESE SHOWS MORE THAN MEN AND THEY WANT SKEET ULRICH 10 TO 1. WHAT ARE THE IDIOTS THINKING?

March 27 2010 at 1:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alvin

She will use telekinesis to levitate people and trucks.?
Sounds like a grown up Carrie to me...LOL No I wont watch it.

March 24 2010 at 4:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eej3

Wow! You guys don't get it! If she was so annoying on "Big Love," it's because she's so good an actress that she convinced you that her character was horrible and really irritating. She has played in some of the best movies over the years, and believe me, she's a different character in each one. She was SUPPOSED TO BE annoying in "Big Love." You need to get out more.

March 23 2010 at 10:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to eej3's comment
Debra

You are spot on!!! I agree with wverything you said!!!

March 23 2010 at 10:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
georgie

I like her and the story line sounds interesting. I will absolutely watch this and talking to a friend, she loves her and will watch it also.

March 23 2010 at 7:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Teresa

"THR says that the character was originally supposed to be a man but they've changed it to a woman for Spacek. Another change: she will use telekinesis to levitate people and trucks."

LOL

March 23 2010 at 6:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lela

I hope the show will be well received because I want to see Skeet Ulrich (finally) will be able to show that he is great actor.

March 23 2010 at 6:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gig

If she is as annoying as she was on Big Love the show will last 2 episodes tops.

March 23 2010 at 4:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Gig's comment
tresa

I agree. Didn't care for her at all on Big Love, her acting just seemed way over the top. Liked her in Carrie and Coal Miners Daughter but I won't go out of my way to check out this show just because she's going to be in it.

March 23 2010 at 5:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Janna

I agree that she was totally annoying on Big Love. She needs to get that awful hair out of her face too. I won't watch this new Doc Drama.

March 23 2010 at 5:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply