April 23, 2014

Coming to IFC: Arnett! Cross! The Onion! Kids in the Hall!

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 23rd 2010 3:30PM
IFCThere are certain cable channels that you might not watch because the theme of the channel isn't something you're interested in. Or maybe there's a channel where you only watch one or two shows and then nothing else. I don't know where The Independent Film Channel falls in your viewing schedule, but I think you might start watching it a lot more very soon.

IFC has picked up three very interesting shows from some very interesting people. The first show is the new David Cross/Will Arnett show 'The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret,' the UK comedy about an American temp worker (Cross) who somehow gets a big gig in the British office.

IFC currently shows repeats of 'Arrested Development' so this is a natural. The second show is a TV version of The Onion News Network, and the third show is a 'Kids in the Hall' reunion show titled 'Kids in the Hall: Death Comes To Town.'

The tag line for IFC is "Always On. Slightly Off." I think these new shows guarantee that the channel will be on a lot more for a lot more people now.

Drex

This just in IFC is the the new Comedy Central!! I love Ideal and wish they would start playing more of the newer episodes.. Now the Kids and a Cross and Arnett show too this should be a channel comedy lovers shouldn't overlook..

Great shows on IFC

Jon Dore Show
IT Crowd
Zrock
Food Party
Ideal
Greg the Bunny
Arrested Development
The Whitest Kids U'Know (It's a mixed bag for me)
Wilfred (I'm going to check it out this weekend)
The Minor Accomplishments of Jackie Woodman (Can't wait to see this, I love Laura Kightlinger)

March 24 2010 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Greg

The "Todd Margaret" pilot that was on YouTube (still may be) was excellent, but I, too, am disappointed by KiTH's "Death Comes...". Good to see them back together, but sketches would be much more welcome than this.

And The Onion is always a good time.

Too bad I don't get IFC...

March 24 2010 at 11:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin

I've been watching Death Comes to Town on CBC and it's quite disappointing. It's not bad just largely unfunny. By the third episode, the fun take on a small town murder mystery and the KITH cast's many characters and gender bending just because too much. Perhaps if it were just 8 sketch shows and not a mini-series around one subject.

March 23 2010 at 10:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nathaniel

This is pure marketing genius on the part of a previously relatively-unknown channel. I know I'll tune in... uhh, if I remember to. So they better run some ads on other channels.

March 23 2010 at 8:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RobynM

IFC's one of my favourite channels - they show all kinds of offbeat stuff, including The IT Crowd. They're also uncut and mostly commercial-free (occasional commercials show up between programs).

I'm thrilled to bits that they've picked up Death Comes to Town - I was hoping someone would.

I'm not a big fan of David Cross or Will Arnett, but there're a lot of other interesting names attached to Todd Margaret, so I'm probably going to check that out too.

March 23 2010 at 4:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aaron

this is good I've been dying to see Todd Margaret.

March 23 2010 at 4:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply